Author Topic: holy crap!  (Read 4850 times)

Offline sadiejane

holy crap!
« on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Bevan R.

Re: holy crap!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:45:42 pm »
I'd a died of a heart attack!!
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:54:29 pm »
I don't have to outrun the bear, just have to outrun YOU.  ;D
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 07:55:31 pm »
I don't have to outrun the bear, just have to outrun YOU.  ;D

had a grandma that hunted bears in idaho yrs ago. once i asked her if she wasnt scared of bears.
her reply was just that-"no, i always could outrun yr grandpa"
wild women don't get the blues

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 08:09:18 pm »
Boy that coulda ended bad. 

The wife and I were playing tag w/ the kids the other day and ran me down three different times in a flat out chase through the mud.   :o   :-[  ;D dpg   
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:51:17 pm »
,,and then there's the old joke about the bear guide carrying a .22 pistol for protection, Hunter: " is that big enough to stop a bear?" Guide: " Oh no, If we have to run I'm going to shoot you in the foot."
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 09:26:12 pm »
My plan is to soil my self so badly that no self-respecting bear will want to bite me.  I'm just sayin'.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 10:03:50 pm »
That's pretty close indeed. The first time I saw a bear out in the woods I was sitting on the ground and it walked within five yards from me. It was bigger than the one I got a month later. I had my bow in my lap and an arrow nocked, but I was so in awe that I didn't move. It was so close I could see the grains of sand on its claws.

I was much more foolish then.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:21 pm »
   He could have that fishing hole. You know the old saying I only have to out run the person with me. In that case the old lady would die.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 10:28:51 pm »
What I think is insane is the fact that they actually got the whole thing on camera. If that was me the only way anybody would have been able to see it would be if the camera just happened to land perfect so as to continue recording the charge after I dropped it to run. :o That lady at the end looked like she was enjoying it.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 10:32:00 pm »
What I think is insane is the fact that they actually got the whole thing on camera. If that was me the only way anybody would have been able to see it would be if the camera just happened to land perfect so as to continue recording the charge after I dropped it to run. :o That lady at the end looked like she was enjoying it.

I was once in a tense situation and someone made the comment, "I'm not afraid."  Another voice piped up and said, "If you ain't afraid, you don't know what's going on!"  Something tells me that the woman that seemed to be enjoying the encounter had no idea what was really going on.  There is nothing gentle about a griz from their halitosis to their hemorrhoids.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline David_Daugherty

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 10:46:34 pm »
That is insane!!!  That crazy woman at the end was smiling like it was the neighbors dog running to play fetch or something.  And did ya'll read that article??  That bear came within 3 feet of them!!  uhhh no! This ol boy would have out ran all women and children, no honor in that situation.  Get my butt back on the bus and lets call it a day!
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 12:56:07 am »

I was once in a tense situation and someone made the comment, "I'm not afraid."  Another voice piped up and said, "If you ain't afraid, you don't know what's going on!"  Something tells me that the woman that seemed to be enjoying the encounter had no idea what was really going on.  There is nothing gentle about a griz from their halitosis to their hemorrhoids.

;D ;D
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 02:09:44 am »
Bear charges are kinda scary,only thing that makes them bear-able is big guns.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 05:13:12 am »
That is insane!!!  That crazy woman at the end was smiling like it was the neighbors dog running to play fetch or something.  And did ya'll read that article??  That bear came within 3 feet of them!!  uhhh no! This ol boy would have out ran all women and children, no honor in that situation.  Get my butt back on the bus and lets call it a day!
  Who says older folks don't do drugs!  She had no clue what could have happened!  Me, I would need not just a change of underwear, but another pair, as I would have chewed a hole the pair I had on! :o

Wayne