Author Topic: the latest  (Read 1944 times)

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
the latest
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:02:35 pm »
Hey folks, I don't think I ever posted any pics of my arrows, so I thought I would share my latest project. Still need to attach the point. The feathers are mallard duck wing feathers, sinew wrap, bamboo shaft. I really like this one, can't wait to see how it flies. The pic is kinda dark, sorry. Hope ya like it.

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline David_Daugherty

Re: the latest
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:10:21 pm »
I like it.  I have never fletched like that, it looks cool though.
"You can't put a price on being inspired"-Zooey Deschanel

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:53:39 pm »
Cool Dave. That type of fletching is very effective.  Try placing your feathers back side down on the next one. It seems to allow the feathers blend with each other better.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:34:39 am »
 I do, Sweet, that should do it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 01:14:56 pm »
Thumbs Up Buddy, looks good.  dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 02:50:21 pm »
Nice looking arrow. good job
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 12:03:43 am »
Thanks guys!! Pat, you mean flip them over, upside down, or flip them end for end? David, I had never fletched like that either, but I think I like it a lot. No need for a fletching jig, and I like that even more!!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 12:48:15 am »
Flip it over Dave. You still want it pointing the same way. Because the inside of the feather is concave when you lay three of them like you have done they form a ridge sorta deal that works better for steerage.

like this...

The first two pics are kind of sloppy but it was a quick example I did for someone. In the third pic the arrow on the left is this type of fletching. These arrows were in my quiver when I went to Colorado to elk hunt with Kenneth last Sept.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 02:07:53 am »
Cool looking arrow Dave. You too Pat ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 09:35:11 pm »
Thats how I fletch my Mallard feather arrows and guinea fowl feathers too...I like the look and those little 3" mallard fletches work just fine for a straight flight

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p67/aznboi3644/Arrow%20Build/?action=view&current=P2110297.mp4

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:35 am »
Ok, will do on the next Pat, Thanks!! And thanks cipriano, and aznboi. Now I just have to put together a set. I have some pheasant feathers too, will post more pics when done.

Dave
Rockford, MI