Author Topic: whats your trout recipe?  (Read 4279 times)

Offline mcginnis6010

Re: whats your trout recipe?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 08:23:17 pm »
why cook them,give it to us  raw and wriggling( if anyone gets that reference ill be impressed)

Good One Fish... or should I call you Golem?  :)

Even though I do eat Bait (Sushi for the folks in Rio Linda), I like to Butterfly a Freshwater Trout and Grill it skin side down with any assortment of Butter and seasoning
or an assortment of Hot Sauces with seasoning. Grilled over a mixed Pecan and Mesquite Fire.

As for Saltwater Trout (Specks) I like to fillet and cut 'em up into Fingers, dredge it in seasoned cornmeal.
Before Deep Frying I like to season the Grease with San Marcus Jalapenos, cut in half and field stripped.
Throw the Pepper halves into the Grease while you are prepping the fish and fry the peppers BLACK.
Remove the peppers before you fry the fish and eat them as completely decadent horderves.
The fish will come out with a Hint of Pepper Goodness.

If that ain't hot enough for you, try Marinading the fish fingers in a mixture of the San Marcus pepper juice and Louisiana Red Hot Sauce.
Then add LIBERAL amounts of Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning to the cornmeal.
Then Deep Fry as usual.

Note: Wear Gloves when handling the fish around the Marinade and spicy cornmeal mix.
And watch the Spicy Cornmeal Mix, the dust is Killer, in a bad way, on the nose and lungs...  :)

Secret Note: for Super Crisp Fried Goods, Drain on News Paper or Brown Paper Bags.
This includes French Fries or Any other fried goods.

Gus now that sounds good I looove the hot stuff.

Regards,

-gus
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 10:14:25 pm »
Thank You...

If you have access to em', I can't say enough GOOD about San Marcus Peppers.

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline mcginnis6010

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 10:20:46 pm »
Never had those before but I do eat jalepenos and habaneros regularly.
Once a soldier always a soldier. Hoooah!

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 01:41:27 am »
Best trout.  Catch 'em  break a couple of gill rakers and bleed 'em, gut and wash in pure cold water,build a great big fire, drink some whiskey, dredge them through some flour with salt and pepper,cook over coals in a cast iron skillet with about a half an inch of bacon grease in it, In your other pan is the big batch of fried taters and onions you made,also fried in a bit of bacon grease,drink some whisky,build up that fire and eat them trout and taters.If it's spring Morel mushroom time,have a mess of them sauteed in butter and fresh minced garlic to go with it.Drink some whisky. Enjoy that fire and make up some big,fat truths to tell your buddies around the fire.Drink some whisky and don't fall in the fire. You will remember them trout the rest of your life. Thats how we do it out west.  '  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 02:39:24 pm »
Yes Sir Frank!

That sounds like a Great Time and Amazing Trout!

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Bryce

• Global Moderator
  • Pacific Ghost Longbows
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 03:02:28 pm »
garlic salt and butter rubbed on. wrap it up in foil stick it in the dish washer on the hottest cycle and just let it run :D
Clatskanie, Oregon