Author Topic: The Classic Giveaway  (Read 4395 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
The Classic Giveaway
« on: February 26, 2012, 11:48:29 pm »
  I've been working on and off on this little bow for a while. I was in no hurry to get it done. I think I'm gonna find a kid at the Tenn. Classic that needs a bow and give it to him(or her). If I have time I'll also make a few arrows for it.
 This bow is locust, Eastern Woodland style with single side nocks. I heat treated the belly and stained the back with craft paint. The drawings are done with India ink and a bamboo pen I carved. This bow pulls about 20#@15". It is 60"t/t and shoots quite accurately.  Enjoy...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline ErictheViking

Re: The Classic Giveaway
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:52:09 pm »
Love the stain job and cave drawings. some kids going to get a perma-grin when you give it to them. awesome work Pat.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline Keenan

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 11:54:24 pm »
Pat that is another dandy bow! What a great heart!  You lead by example better then most of us. Good gesture!

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 12:00:21 am »
Sweet looking bow...If the classic was a compound shoot/ get together..That would have a price tag on it and not a give away....Gotta love love the "primitive state of mind"
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 12:11:58 am »
That is great. Going to make someones weekend for sure!!
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline cracker

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 12:20:34 am »
very cool jesture pat..
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 12:25:31 am »
That's awesome Pat.  Your going to make some kid pretty happy
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 12:37:39 am »
Where was I when I was growing up!  ;D  I get a gigantic thrill watching the expression on the kids face.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 03:25:54 am »
there's nouthing better than making a bow to give to someone as a suprise, especially a kid, nice bow and great gesture Pat, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline seabass

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 07:04:13 am »
that is nice of you Pat.i hope i am standing there to see the kids face when you present it.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 09:13:07 am »
Very cool bow Pat, This group is so thoughtful,most giving bunch I have ever been around anywhere. :) :) That will make some youngster very happy. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 10:55:58 am »
Good job, Pat. Very nice gesture, indeed!!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 11:15:03 am »
Bring an extra set of undies Pat! Some little kid is gonna poop their pants when you hand it over. Giving kids bows is my favorite part of this hobby. I gave a kid at our club an osage bow, Plains quiver and arrows that I made. He is still walking on clouds and whippin' all the other kids on Sunday afternoon!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 11:54:21 am »
I'd like to challenge everyone coming to the Classic to build a kids bow either to give away or offer to Twin Oaks for the raffle table.  I have a nice Twin Oaks HHB bow(adult version!  ;D ) that will be on the raffle table too.

Offline MoNative

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 12:08:50 pm »
Loooove the color mix! Nice job!
Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light. He is our rock of ages, our everlasting arms.