Author Topic: can I see your side nocks  (Read 1897 times)

Offline straightarrow

• "Success or failure, neither are final"
can I see your side nocks
« on: February 27, 2012, 12:49:23 pm »
I got a friend wanting to build a eastern woodlands style bow. He's not sure what style nocks to go with. I'm familiar with Cherokee nocks and pin nocks, but I'm not sure what side nocks look like. Does anyone have a picture or link they would like to share.

Thank you
Jon

Offline DLH

Re: can I see your side nocks
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:46 pm »
Pat B made a eastern woodland with side nocks around last year I think. I always wanted to know more acout them myself too.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,23730.0.html

Offline straightarrow

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:04:22 pm »
Thank you....I seen Pat just made a youth  bow with side nocks, but couldn't see real well in the pics. You can see better in this link. ..... so is one tip cut one way and the other on the oppositl e side? I didn't want to interrupt his thread to ask the question.  Maybe pat will chime in or some others.

Jon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 02:49:37 pm »
Jon, Basically I cut the side nock like any other but only on one side of the tip. The other nock should be on the opposite side. I cut in about 1/3 of the limb width for side nocks. I'll try to find or take a few pics to post here for you.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 03:35:35 pm »
Here are back and belly pics of the top side nock on the "Classic Giveaway" bow. Top and bottom are the same but on opposite sides.

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline straightarrow

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 04:38:57 pm »
Awesome...... thanks Pat. Hope to see you at the classic

Jon

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 06:26:52 pm »
I'll be there!  8)