Author Topic: Some thoughts  (Read 1455 times)

Offline crooketarrow

Some thoughts
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »
  I have a osage self bow someone wants refinshed. It has a snake skin on it. Not sure what it's sealed with or whats on the skin. Any thoughts on it. How to remove different finishs or sealer off the snake skin no broblem on the wood.
  I can replace it if I need. But really don't want to it I don't need to. I know all the things I've used. Any thoughts on what you've all use. I might use your thoughts and give it a try. If I have to replce it.
  I hav'nt put any skins on in a long time but have alot before.. I like bee's wax as a sealer anyone ever wax a skin after it's been put on.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Some thoughts
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:37 pm »
If the skin is in good shape I'd leave it along and sand the belly and any bare wood and reseal it and the whole bow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline crooketarrow

Re: Some thoughts
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:18:16 am »
  Thats what I plan on doing. I just whated to see if I could remove the old off the skin. This has been on it for a while and the skin looks really dull. Almost like it was stained over. If I can't remove (clean) it from the skin some how. I'll have to replace it, which I don't want to do. But maybe I'll have to.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING