Author Topic: dog names  (Read 9695 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: dog names
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 02:20:33 am »
My uncle had a German shepherd/Labrador mix that he named dam-it.  Every time he called for the dog it was come here dam-it  or get in the truck dam-it . People who didn't know that was the dogs name thought he was always mad at the dog.  When that hound passed, it broke my uncle's heart.  Despite the name, he never had a harsh word for the old pup.  Josh

Offline stickbender

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 04:53:01 am »

I like one syllable names also, like Bob, Bart, Henry, Bullet, My Neighbor had a Jack Russel, named minute.  Joe, Spike, I like Jaeger also.  Cat, as in Cool, ;) Walter, Wentworth, would be for his noble look.  Like they said a name will come to you.  Watch his habits, and actions.  Allen, Action, cause he doesn't look like the couch potato type.  Chomp, Chester, Jed, Jasper, Pinto, Pint, Pinion, Pyute, Paul, Pat, Onion, Wilbur, Wilt, Yeti, Yooper, Troll, Mac, ::) Mitch, Marty, Mike, Duke, Beasley, Barney, Griz, Rooster, Rodney, Rooney, Scot, Stan, Buck, Dillon, Lee, Lenny,Lonnie,Louie, Les, Lester, Kip,Castor, Pollux, Pan, Calyx,  Simpson, Bub, Boss, Boston, Ace, King,Izzy, Woody,Winston, Wallace, Champ, Dirk, Bogart, Boggie, Boogie, Boy, Danny, Dan, Dilbert, Delbert, Sampson, Dave, Darrin, Flint, Sage, Frank, Hans, Pete, Jack, Jackson, John, Johnson, Sport, Soelei, sp?  French for Sunshine, Fletch, Shaft, Rob, Bert, Andy, Art, Tim, Nat, Nate, Palmer, Don, Flake, Notch, Grendel, Kester, Noggin, Winky, Gilbert, Gilly, Noodle, Doodle, Dempsey, Cy, Psi, Slick, Skillet, Sparky, Scallion, Soloman, Talon, Talbot, Butch, Skip, Skippy, Peanut, Hogan, Logan, Ron, Austin, Dallas, Tex, Teddy, Ted, Ned, Smoke, Mose, Moses, Mooch, Calder, Jabbo, Ed,Eddie, Eaton, Easton, Woof, Buster, Fred, Farris, Ferrous, Minton, Taz, Tonka, Stewart, Stu, Swartz, Tanner, Possum, Barry, Beau, Brummel, ::), Arnold, Ziggy, Zag, Zig, Boomer, Billet, Bounder, Captain, Casper, Kess, Seth, Brian, Greg, Tippy, Topper, Sooner, (sooner poop in the house, than outside. ::) ;D) Scooter, Falcon, Cooper, Homer,       ::)...... Ah, I will quit here, I have to go read for awhile, and then get up late.  I trimmed the tree today, so I can rest tomorrow. ;D ::),
                                                      Wayne

Offline n2huntn

• jeff_smith13@hotmail.com ROLL TIDE !
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:18 am »
J.W. I don't think the wife will like that one.  ;) stick lots of good names. Too close to Oklahoma to call him sooner. Rounthis house we yell Roll Tide !
Genesis 27: 3

Offline Auggie

• redneck engineer
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 12:08:50 pm »
Best two dogs I ever had were named Sam,and Lug nut.
laugh. its good for ya

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 01:01:44 pm »
No offense Auggie, but the name Auggie might work on this pup, too!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline jermcramp1

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 07:56:59 pm »
I feel that with dogs you gotta have them for a minute to see what name feels right...He looks like a Buck or buckshot to me...
Even the dogs get the crumbs...

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2012, 08:06:40 pm »
I have always like Ruefuss.

Offline seabass

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2012, 10:45:01 pm »
i would name him Duke.he looks like a Duke to me.good looking dog.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Keenan

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2012, 11:47:45 pm »
 Nice looking pup.    I had a pure bred Lab that I named Mo .  Great dog and had allot of fun with the name .    When he was bad it was  NO Moe   sometimes Oh No Moe.
  We have a Pure bred East German Shepherd named Torah.   Means "To hit the mark"   Definitely name her right!

Offline Postman

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 12:03:36 am »
T-Bone?    Terry?    Badger?     Never had terriers....

Definitely change the shelter name - our kids thought our "Sookie" would run away if we renamed her after adoption 3 years ago.

Now everyone thinks my dog's name is "Snookie"   >:(
NOT happy 'bout that.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2012, 05:52:22 pm »
I always thought the Postman hated dogs!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 08:47:31 pm »
  We raised white boxers FOR 13 YEARS our one male was named LOTHARanother named male named LEEANIGHTEST.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:53 pm »
My brother, and I have several Cathoulas (sp) anyway his first is named Camo he runs a hydrographic company ....I think I can post this northwest hydroprint. com  If thats a problem MODS delete it. His second is named hydro. Had a heeler I named "yote". The first time I seen one of these dogs at a distance I was predator hunting, and seen what I thouhgt was a coyote, had my figer on the trigger (keep in mind this is the middle of nowhere) Then I heard a whistle. I told the guy he may want to put somethng on his dog so it won't get shot! So that's how he got his name
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.