Author Topic: Doomsday Preppers  (Read 3195 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Doomsday Preppers
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 06:01:22 pm »
Some people go overboard. We've always kept a basic stock of supplies, we're used to going through hurricanes. And living this close to Miami and Haiti you never know when the Zombies will come. :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2012, 06:12:38 pm »
 I'm ready to go, any day the good Lord decides to take me. If I end up stuck here going threw who knows what,,, Just say glad I've been working on survival skills all my life!. We try to keep basic necessities on hand

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2012, 10:36:45 pm »
My grandparents lived through the Depression.  They ended up living comfortable lives as well.....but, each summer they put up cans and cans of beans and tomatoes and making homemade pickles.  My grandpop was a federal meat inspector and always bought two calves and had them slaughtered.   They also ate a lot of game, fish, turtles and raised chickens for meat and eggs.

By modern standards they would be seen as "preppers".  I never thought of them as such.....what they did just made sense.....it was what you did....it was how they were brought up.....
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 04:25:09 pm »
Interesting JW.
Eddie, you made me laugh.  I can only hope the alligators and pythons hold the line.
1’—>1’

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »
I have been preparing if you want to call it that my entire life by teaching myself various survival and self reliance skills and practicing them constantly. I got my trusty bolt action .22 and a couple thousand rounds of ammo... I proficient and can make every primitive weapon you can think of and have been training martial arts most of my life....  I'd call myself set...  ;D ;D ;D
Personally I think that some people who really on owning 30 or more guns will be the first to go, cause not all survival is based on firepower...

Jon