Author Topic: Dade City, Fl. Primitive Arts Festival  (Read 2258 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Dade City, Fl. Primitive Arts Festival
« on: February 19, 2012, 07:56:37 pm »
Wow! What a great weekend. :) I spent the weekend in Dade City with some really good friends from this site, chipping points, working on bows , lieing, and sipping. ;)

I had the pleasure again this year to camp under the big Live Oak with Roger (bonepile), his younger brother,I think we might be able to reel him in ::), and Steve Parnel.

It rained off and on Friday but was a beautifull day Saturday. there were a lot of people and it seemed like since we were having so much fun under the Pop up pavillions Roger and I set up side by side we had quite a few people asking to knap with us.
 We had a very nice guy from Glass Buttes and another nice Gentleman from Alberta spend tthe 3 days with us chipping along with Jim from Land O'Lakes Fl. working on bows on Sunday with Steve and myself.
 Wayne, stickbender was also there Friday when I got there and Ryan Gill had a table set up with his fine, crafted, bows and matched points along with his lovely wife and little one.
Also, Steve and I were tillering his bows till 1 AM Saturday night While Roger provided music and refreshments. ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 08:05:16 pm by mullet »
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Dade City, Fl. Primitive Arts Festival
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 08:03:49 pm »
I'll try to load some more pictures in a few minutes. The site is giving me a hard time right now.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Tower

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 01:46:54 am »
Looks like it was a lot of fun. Wish I could have been there.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 02:43:51 am »
can't get much better than good times with good folk's , Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 10:09:19 pm »
yeah it was a good time for sure.  next year im leaving my table of possibles at home and just bringing a bag of rocks and my tools and sitn and knappin with all you guys. wasnt ne money to be made there ne ways....too many people doin the same thing and SOOOMMME  people selling there points for $3.00 a piece.....  who's gonna buy mine for $4.00 a piece when you can go get Eddies for $3.00..lol   at least i made enough to offset my material costs..lol
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »
Ha, ha. ;D The guy dumped out my flakes bowl that had some old junk points I was gonna rework. If you and Roger had dropped your price to $3 I was gonna buy y'alls with the money I made. ;D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 12:00:41 am »
Eddie sounds and looks like a fine time!! Some of those folks are my amigos too here and we will be even better amigos when we meet  ;)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 10:43:48 am »
next year I will sell mine for 2.99 and no tax......see who will be laughing then..lol >:D
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 11:51:07 am »
Had a good time as usall,could have done without the bleak weather Fri. Ed Mosher showed a few of us the way he and Roy Miller knotch which looks upside down and backwards to me but the end result is good.I ended up with some rock a big piece of buffalo hide and alittle more bow knowedge,not bad at all. Two weeks till Silver River Knapp-inn and I'm ready to go already.
Bone pile
Venice Florida