Author Topic: trade bow preference  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: trade bow preference
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 11:25:34 pm »
I would be happy with any style!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline coaster500

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2012, 12:14:23 am »
I'm with you josh...  I'm just grateful you folks let me play the game  ;D
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2012, 12:59:57 am »
You are kind to ask, but I'm with the others. I am happy with any bow.. Funny thing is I've been wanting a gull wing bow for a while. I like the profile..

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2012, 01:11:38 am »
im with the rest anything ,any style should be fine , just put your heart in it . im bringing something out to work with that i havent done before ,if it works then great if not i got till july to come up with something else. but im going to challenge myself to come up with something different for me and expand my skill or lack there of .

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2012, 02:05:58 am »
Yea Ken, you have plenty of time.  Didn't you finish your trade bow in about 6 hours last time?  No, that was the red oak challenge?  I can't remember...it's the pits to be old. ::)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Josh B

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 02:04:23 am »
Thanks for the replies everybody!  I'm going with my original plan and hoping for the best.  Josh

Online JW_Halverson

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 12:23:44 am »
I have been the recipient of several bows in trades.  In each and every case when I looked at the bow initially my first thought was "What the *&^*%^$% was he thinking?!?!  Why didn't he __________?" 

Also in ever case I just went straight out back and shot the living poo outa that bow and found that it shot pretty dang good even though I was the one shooting!!!  I have done nothing to alter ot change any of those bows despite my threats to do so.  In bloody-well every case I now understand why they did what they did.  I have LEARNED from every one of those bows. 

I'm about to receive another bow from another member here.  I know I am going to say to myself, "Tom!  What the @$##^ were you thinking?!?!"  And then I will go shoot that bow until my arms fall off and will be very happy with what I have.

Make whatever bow you want.  Send it.  If the recipient is miffed and can't stand it, my offer stands.  I'll pay the shipping to take if off their hands so they don't have to P**S in their own cheerios every morning.  Nuff said!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 01:27:21 am »
Good for you Doc,   Go for it!