Author Topic: Are you an....  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Stonedog

Are you an....
« on: February 20, 2012, 02:43:09 pm »
...axe man or a big knife man?

When I say axe I mean a pack-able wilderness axe like the the gransfors small forest axe....and when I say big knife I mean big.....something with a 10" plus heavy blade.....or even a parang.....

OR

Do you like tomahawks? 

WHY do you like what you like?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:25:46 am by Cinead »
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Offline cracker

Re: Are on an....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:48:30 pm »
That's a tough one I like em both I have a sort of modified ghukri(sp) and a gerber type hatchet. I take em both when woods camping.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 06:54:11 pm »
If your talking about what I like to carry when hiking, I usually carry a large pocket knife.  A Buck goliath or a gerber EZ out are my favorites.  A small hatchet is in my backpak and a 9mm on my belt. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline GaryR

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 07:02:18 pm »
I'm not much on big knives. Seems I can get a lot more done with a hatchet. A lot of different jobs too.

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:12 pm »
Same here Gary.....I like a long knife, just not a "big" one....although....I do have a hell of a parang and bushlore that make one heck of a pair in the woods!

That is what worked for a century or two here in KY....
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying

Offline GaryR

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:27:02 pm »
I have a big knife/heavy knife I like to remove bark from arrow shafts with. I haven't done a lot of this though. My hatchet does the heavy lifting while my pocket knife does the detail work.

Offline SA

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 09:55:43 pm »
at work i keep a machete handy and big pocket knife allways, i keep a tomahawk in the truck just in case i see a small tree that needs trimmed  ;)
probably the same for other outdoor activities.
Shawn Acker