Author Topic: Chips & salsa  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Hardawaypoints

Chips & salsa
« on: February 17, 2012, 05:18:48 pm »
I spent a couple of weeks this winter in Cabo Pulmo, Mexico for a scuba diving vacation.  Cabo Pulmo is an hour and a half up the coast from Cabo San Lucas in the Bay of California (Sea of Cortez).  There are no high-rise hotels, paved roads, or fast food restaurants in Cabo Pulmo and I was just as likely to see horses walking down the road as I was to see a motorized vehicle. The ocean water was cold, the visibility sucked, and several days the wind got to gale force winds, which kept the dive boats off the water. The diving was interesting, but if I go back it will be when the water is warm. During the days we had high winds we did some trekking in the desert instead.  I went off on my own and started looking for points or debitage in what looked like logical places to camp or hunt.  I found chips from a few different types of material, but no points.  It was a nice get away and a fun place to check out a totally different environment from where I live.

Jim

Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline Tower

Re: Chips & salsa
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 05:46:49 pm »
Sounds like you had a great time. Love the photos!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 02:48:37 am »
Nice pictures, thank you for sharing!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:25:47 pm »
Looks like nice rattler country
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Will H

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:24:33 pm »
Nice pics!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 11:27:21 am »
Cool pic's! Kinda reminds me of El Paso minus the seguaros or however ya spell em.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.