Author Topic: DCM last wishes( bow pics added)  (Read 7986 times)

Offline Timo

Re: DCM last wishes( bow pics added)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 12:59:45 am »
Still not sure Pat. Economy has us in bad way up here this year,so if work calls then I'll have to be there. I was planning a trip down SW Tn in April, but may reschedule around to swing by the classic.

BTW, either one of these bows would be sweethearts to own.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 01:20:44 am »
I hope you can make it Tim but if not, I completely understand.  ;)
  It would worth the trip for me to come to Mojam just to double my chances.
  Maybe the winners would be willing to share it with others for a hunt like. I know I would.
  Anyway, thanks David for these two great bows and Tim for your offering of these bows.   8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline coaster500

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 03:38:02 am »
Very nice indeed...  well done!!
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 07:40:41 am »
Thanks Tim, That is quite an Honor and I don't take that lightly,David was a good friend and great guy and I know the bow will do very good at the Classic,hope you can be there with it.  :) :) He and his wife always made a effort to come to the Classic ,it was on thier anniversary weekend and always a great pleasure to have
them there. :) :) Thank Again. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline matte

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 11:04:29 am »
   I am shocked to hear this sad news. I will never forget meeting David at Mojam. He was a fun guy to be around.
Matt

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 11:34:39 am »
A very kind gesture, Timo. DCM was special. May his memory be eternal. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

flinttim

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 12:39:58 pm »
Some here may remember me, most will not, but since going into business for myself back in 2010 I have been too busy to frequent most of the message boards. Plus I started shooting glass bows and have not built a bow for some time. I only learned of Dave's passing last weekend. I am so sorry and my condolences go out to his family. Dave was one of thenicest guysyou wouldever want to know. I hung out with him and Hooligan and Pablo at a Mojam way back in the day. Good people, all of them. Oh, and Jawge was there too. Dave leaving behind some bows sounds like pure Dave. Watch down on us Dave, and we'll gather around the council fire together some day. I pray that God is letting you pick the brains of all those bowyers of old and that in turn you are teaching them some good stuff too. Tim

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 01:05:16 pm »
Good to see you back around Tim. It has been a while. Try not to be a stranger.
  Mimms' circle of friends and aquaintances is wide spreading and will continue to be in his memory.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline George Nagel

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »
A fitting tribute to a true master Tim. I've been gone for a couple months and was deeply saddened when Mickey called with the sad news. David was that rare breed of true southern gentleman who you couldn't help but like from the moment you met him. In addition he was the guru of the perfect tiller. He will be missed.

George
George
___---------------------------------------------------------------->

Offline seabass

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 02:40:50 am »
this is a nice jesture Tim.i hope you can make it to the classic.i really want to meet you buddy.i really love the bow you made for me.i will cherish it forever.you are a true craftsman.i will be bidding on this bow and if i am lucky enough to win it,i will promise to share it with anyone that wants to take it hunting.i am sorry that you lost a friend.he will be missed.hope to see you soon,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline raghorns

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 10:47:42 am »
Hey Tim,
I think it's wonderful how you are honoring your friend. Someone once said, "If you have 3 really good friends in this life you are blessed" I can tell from all these responses that David was a very blessed man.

I am just around the corner from you in Fair Play. I attended the Tenn. Classic last year and will be going back this year. I will have plenty of room and just want to offer you a ride. Also if you are unable to attend, I would be glad to hand deliver David's bow to Pappy for you. This offer is good for MoJam also.

Lyle 399-1820

Live Life at Full Draw

Offline tom sawyer

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 11:26:34 am »
Tim it was good to see you again at MOJAM, sorry you couldn't stay longer but family always comes first.  I only heard about David's passing a few days ago, I was just thinking of him as we packed up for MOJAM since my wife shoots one of his creations.  I'll always remember him.

Just a note to let everyone know that David's bow found a good home with Shane Alexander aka "new guy", a long time MOJAM attendee and forum lurker.  He knew David and understands how special the bow is.  He and I took our DCM bows down to the range after the auction and shot them both.  His bow is whisper quiet and shoots like a rocket.  Looking at it, you'd swear it was a 40lb bow but when you pull it you find out otherwise.  Afterwards I realized David had shown me this bow several years back when we attended the Tenn Classic, he was pretty proud of it and rightfully so.

Anyway that made this MOJAM very special for me.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 12:08:15 pm »
Lennie, good to see you around here again. We've missed having you here. I only met David once, at the Classic a few years ago but knew him for years from PA and TG sites. He will be remembered by many folks forever.