Author Topic: unfinished 64" elm 67@32" full draw shot...finished it plain  (Read 13558 times)

blackhawk

Re: unfinished 64" elm 67@32" full draw shot
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 02:55:10 pm »
kip i might try to send her thru the chrony(might b tough for me to do) and should flight shoot it too

thanks will ;)

Offline rps3

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 02:55:43 pm »
Those are some awesome stats you have there. Definetly some food for thought. On a side note...only a Mom can hold a baby and take a picture at the same time. My Mom had 8, and it was amazing the things she could do while hoding a baby.

I say finish it.

Offline druid

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 05:03:27 pm »
Brave work my friend!  :)

Offline dwardo

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 05:44:33 pm »
Thats just taking the *$%*$*$
Lot of work out of a short bit of wood, very nice. I too like a bendy handle and it seems to make sense that the more wood thats bending the more energy stored so the more energy out? If it aint working its freeloading :)

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2012, 06:48:39 pm »
67#?!  Holy cow man.  You are a cruel heartless b@$tard when it comes to your wood!  I'm really excited to learn about heating/bending wood next time.  That must open a whole new realm of possibilities when it comes to bow design.  Great job as usual!!

"Wind Breaker" - haha
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

blackhawk

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2012, 06:57:57 pm »
thanks bob(rps3)...yeah how do some woman do it...love my wife :)...shes gotta take care of kids and me,whos just another kid :laugh:

thanks druid...go big or go home ;)

thaks dwardo..i agree and this one NEEDS to bend in the handle

thanks rob(pahunter)..yup i like to tie my girls down in chains and whip em  >:D :o.. :laugh:...next time we'll heat treat and put a couple inches reflex in your elm(the sister to this) as we discussed...i think yours should be able to handle the bend fine seeing how her sister has become my slave :laugh:

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2012, 07:27:37 pm »
Nice bow, really impressive tillering and draw!
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

blackhawk

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2012, 11:35:23 pm »
thanks hrothgar....nothing to it,just remove the wood that dont belong,string her n yank her back behind your ear..lol :laugh:

blackhawk

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 08:42:08 am »
If I can ill try to flight shoot it and run it thru my chrono today after work. Weather pending as it is winter. I can't wait to launch some arras into orbit ;)

blackhawk

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 07:08:52 pm »
well i just got to finally chuck some arrows out in a field. i shot 3 32" arrows that weigh 636 grains,and one really light 28" arrow(unknown weight). i only managed a shy 31" on two of the arrows and my best one that flew i just got it past 31",so i came up a tad shy in my draw. at 31" the bow is about 64 pounds. now my results are still unofficial as i just paced the yards and didnt measure with rangfinder or any other measuring devices. but im decent enough to pace off yards that i know she shoots pretty well. im also no flight archer,so i have no clue what im doing as far as correct angle and how to draw correctly. anyways all three 32" arrows were from 200-213 yards. the shorter lighter arrow that i shot at 28" came up shorter. when the next sunny day hits i need to get out my chrono and check for speed. i think i just took my first steps into flight archery...that was fricking exciting. ive always launched all my bows and paced off yards,but to shoot this lil monster and see em really fly was exilirating. im hoping some flight guys can chime in and give me some honest assesment of my situation. i know i need more conlcusive results than this though

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 10:22:12 pm »
sounds like good flight to me , tiller her down to 50 lbs and lightin her tips , if you can get the 213 or better it would be a new world record for broadhead flight. or it was last time i checked . the one i built was not deflexed just straight handled . i think ill explore this more when time permits , i like the full draw . keep em coming

blackhawk

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2012, 12:23:01 am »
thanks ken..i got a lot to learn yet as far as flight archery goes,but im liking it. i know i can tweak some things and make a better one. i hope you get the time to explore this as well. keep me informed if and when ya do. i would like to see what you come up with as well,and your thoughts on it. the more minds collaborating the better. im also curious as to how far i can reflex the levers before i have to add additional weight to keep em stabalized. the one small minor detail thats different with this one is my reflex is a tad in front of the fades of the levers,which keeps the levers more straight to maintain stability. maybe you can get away with more reflex this way,by putting it into the end of the working limb right before the fades to the levers. thoughts there? man it was sweet watching those heavy arrows come flying out of that cannon. i said holy you know what. i cant imagine what that thing wood do to any big game animal.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2012, 03:59:46 am »
Wow you are putting them out there a good ways...also the #of bows as of late (Blackhawk bows...custom made bows while you wait )and they all rock!  You are an inspiration in design and efficiency  ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

blackhawk

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2012, 09:20:16 am »
Thanks soy..im working on it,and still got some learning in that dept.  ;)

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 03:39:33 pm »
Chris

Please bring this bow with you when next we meet I want to discuse it ! You know I have to touch in order to fully see ,so please keep it around long enough for us to talk !
You may have sparked some thoughts in design !
which is amazing since I have suppressed all thoughts of bow design since we decided to use wheels to extend draw length and nearly destroyed archery!
Sorry folks but yes I was a part of that arms race
Please forgive me!

By the way are you still thinking you are comming to Marshall or are you going to the Pen. shoot since they are the same weekend?
If you don't make it to Marshall I will see ya at Flint Ridge
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !