Author Topic: cool cool and cool  (Read 1215 times)

Offline iowabow

cool cool and cool
« on: February 18, 2012, 08:19:07 pm »
I went looking for small pieces of flint in the creek.    And look what I found.  It was burned out in the ice and I poked it with a stick and though I could make a nice point with that piece.  But somebody beat me to it. 

(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Bevan R.

Re: cool cool and cool
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 08:20:58 pm »
looks like they beat you to it by a few hundred years. Nice find.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Will H

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:32:51 pm »
Looks like a nice scraper john! Very cool! Big A and I went on a rock run today on Pappys creek and found a hand axe! Couldn't belive it. Anyway, you gotta love finding what the old ones worked while out looking for new ones to work ;)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline iowabow

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 08:40:15 pm »
Hand axe that is cool too.  Hey do you ever wonder if indians went arrowhead hunting.   I could have been 500 years back back in time and picking up flint and found the same thing.   I wonder what they would think.  Did you find any good flint Will?
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Tower

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 08:42:22 pm »
That's a nice scraper. I enjoy finding scrapers, hammer stones , as much as points. Nice find. If only it could talk.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Tower

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 08:47:09 pm »
I was arrowhead hunting with a friend & he asked me "I wonder what the Indians thought when they found an arrowhead?" I asked him what he thought when he found someones spent brass. He said " guess someone shot something.". I said there you go!
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline Will H

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 08:48:47 pm »
Yeah I know what you mean  ;)  We did! Picked up a bucket full of some "Pappyite"  ::)  Anthony kept most of it to learn on but I did find one hand sized rock of some high grade black stuff that I kept. It turned into a nice big dovetail :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"