Author Topic: Bow Scale  (Read 2817 times)

Offline coaster500

Bow Scale
« on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:56 pm »
I've seen this question come up from time to time so I thought I'd post this. I use this for check my bows weight. I know there are lots of ways but I had this and it seems to be accurate and work well for me.

I use the luggage scale we bought to check our bags for weight (now days you better not go over!!!) It's $20 at bed bath and beyond or on-line. I put the bow on the tree and pull down to the desired draw, hold for a second and it beeps and locks the weight on the readout,,, I think it's fairly accurate as I haven't been nailed at the airports with my wife's luggage    :)   

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline hook

Re: Bow Scale
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 12:32:39 pm »
I use a similar one for 12 dollars at the hardware store!

Offline dwardo

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 12:51:58 pm »
I need a new scale so will keep an eye out for one like it,, had not considered a Digital type before..

Offline country

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:50:56 pm »
I've been looking for a new scale...I'll check it out ... Thanks!

Offline coaster500

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 02:07:49 pm »
I am a Ocean fishing mad man and the digital scales always seemed to hold up and be more accurate than the spring type? The other thing I like about this one is the scale holds the weight measurment on its screen until you push the reset button. I think I paid $12 something at my local store but now it shows online for $20...
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline snag

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 01:35:39 pm »
Coaster, never thought I'd be going into Bed Bath & Beyond for bow building equipment!!!  This would definitely fall in the "Beyond" category. Haha....going there today though.
Is. 49:2 ....He made me a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.

Offline PAHunter

• "If your not having fun, what's the point?" - Khan
    • Victory Before Combat (My YouTube Page)
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 01:58:10 pm »

This one you can draw the bow with goes for $40.  Works well for me so far.  Got it from 3 Rivers.
Thanks,
Rob - Wexford, PA

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe". - Abe Lincoln

Offline coaster500

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 04:49:30 pm »
Yea Snag I go there for my bubble bath stuff  :embarassed:

Offline John D

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 05:22:31 pm »
Thanks for the idea coaster.  Does the luggage scale have a minimum and maximum it will register?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 05:50:17 pm »
The X Spot is a tough one to beat in my book. It measure in four units, can hold the max or float up and down as you draw the bow. Its super light and doesnt skew the numbers while hanging on your bow's string.  I have built 30-40 bows with mine so far and it hasnt given me any fits yet, and it still has the original cheapy batteries in it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline coaster500

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 06:18:58 pm »
My wife's bow is 30#s... my heavy to date is 56#s but I think it's made to go to 100#s plus,,,  Truly my wife and I travel quite a bit and that was the scales intent but works great so far for bow building... I also kind of like the fact that the strap simulates my split two finger release and spreads the pressure across the string a bit...

didn't feel the need to pull it any more that this :)

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 12:33:24 pm by coaster500 »