Author Topic: florida python pictures  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Rick Wallace

Re: florida python pictures
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2012, 12:48:41 am »
I havent seen one up here yet,,but if i do,its dead,,,if i get a shot.  >:D
U.S.ARMY '86-'91  East Milton Fl.   Dont take yourself to seriously,,No one else does

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2012, 02:59:47 am »
That is one big snake and would cover lots of bows.

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2012, 11:38:49 am »
The permit is $25 and the first year everybody bought permits and not a single snake was harvested. They are tasty, a little chewy, though. My Buddy that does tattoo's traded a Tat' for a sixteen footer a guy had raised for about ten years. As soon as it was confirmed it was the new owner's my Buddy stomped the head to the guys horror. The next day he skinned and tanned the hide and we had a cook out. Big chunks of tough meat on the grill. :)

HAHAHAHAHA, I would have loved to see that guys face.  Bet it was priceless.  I keep watching that show "swamp wars" on animal planet, and when they catch a python they just take it back to where ever they are going.  WHY DONT THEY KILL THEM????  The narrorator also always seems to mention how its a growing problem, WELL DUH, Give Johnny a .45 instead of a cage.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2012, 09:28:59 pm »
jimbob, the reason they keep it alive is after the baby got strangled down here their was a Politicion and Media frenzy and they passed all kinds of laws, it was election year ::). The laws after the excitement and photo op's wore off were watered down. You are not allowed to buy/import anymore in Florida but you can still trade or sell among established breeders/collectors what you have in stock. So,,JMO I imagine there is still a good Black Market going on. I know quite a few people that have them and they can't afford the permit.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Ifrit617

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2012, 11:39:47 pm »
jimbob, the reason they keep it alive is after the baby got strangled down here their was a Politicion and Media frenzy and they passed all kinds of laws, it was election year ::). The laws after the excitement and photo op's wore off were watered down. You are not allowed to buy/import anymore in Florida but you can still trade or sell among established breeders/collectors what you have in stock. So,,JMO I imagine there is still a good Black Market going on. I know quite a few people that have them and they can't afford the permit.

Why the #$%# would anyone ever keep a snake like that as a pet???? Geez... Man I hate snakes.

Jon

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2012, 12:16:33 am »
Love sakes and had them most of my life.
Found a new home for my snakes when my first boy was born.
We'll have snakes again when my boys are old enough
and strong enough to handle them.

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX