Linked Events

• Pre-Spring Arrow Fling Alabama - Meet Tony Kinton: February 24, 2012 - February 26, 2012

Author Topic: Pre-Spring Arrow Fling Alabama -meet Tony Kinton  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Pre-Spring Arrow Fling Alabama -meet Tony Kinton
« on: February 09, 2012, 05:12:14 pm »
Februay 24-26th
Our very own Tony Kinton will be at this event.  Please go and stop by and tell him hello.  I have pasted below some of the information and a website that you can visit that will give you a list of vendors and even more information that has been updated since this was originally posted.

From Terry Harris:
WOW, WHAT A WAY TO START 2012.

As many of you already know, the 2012 Pre-Spring Arrow Fling will be February 24th, 25th & 26th, 2012.

You may also have read that Compton Traditional Bowhunters have teamed up with the Allsouth Archery Association to hold this 3rd event at Tannehill Historical State Park in McCalla, Alabama.

Tannehill State Park is one of the most camp friendly parks you'll find. RV hook-up through-out the park and almost unlimited primitive camping. Bathrooms and bath houses for your convenience as well.

For those of us that don't camp, there's several great motels within just minutes to Tannehill.

When I say that there's going to plenty of Vendors here to kick off the new year's 3D season, I mean it.

There'll be three separate 15 targets courses, a total of 45 targets, to shoot all weekend. This will also follow the Compton Rendezvous format of a non-competitive, shoot for fun weekend.

If you want to shoot just one day, you can shoot as many rounds as possible for only $20.00. For $35.00 a single participant can shoot all weekend and $55.00 a family up to four can also shoot all weekend (over four, $5.00 per person). Now, Allsouth Archery Assoc. & Compton members get a $5.00 discount for the weekend rates.

I will adding more information, such as Vendors who say they're coming, along the way.

Terry Harris

forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=664672
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Pre-Spring Arrow Fling Alabama -meet Tony Kinton
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 07:46:04 am »
Good shoot,I plan on going  for sure.Terry is a great guy and big promotter of Traditional/Primitive archery. Lots of good vendors also. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:27:36 am »
So anyone else going,We are leaving mid morning Friday. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:48:45 am »
Great time.   :)

I went with Pappy.
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline lesken2011

• Kenny
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 10:49:13 am »
I got to go and had a great time. I came over from Mississippi and my son came down from Gadsden, Alabama and met me. It was the first shoot I've been to in many years. I missed meeting Pappy, Tony, and some of the other guys, but I did get to meet Eric Krewson and his lovely wife. He was kind enough to give me one of his tillering gizmos, too. I'm sure it will come in handy as I plan to make several bows this year including the trade bow I am working on now. Thanks, Eric!
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Kenny from Mississippi, USA