Author Topic: Fact or Fiction  (Read 2040 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline adb

Re: Fact or Fiction
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 11:54:59 am »
I'm not sure how water could be a fuel, considering it doesn't support combustion. Hmmmm... walks like a duck, sounds like a duck...

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 11:59:40 am »
My wife Googled it and apparently there are a number of people who have used the idea
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:00:24 pm »
Interesting.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GaryR

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 12:07:25 pm »
I can't say one way or the other, but read under the video. It claims that guy was committed for insanity in part by big oil.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 05:58:12 pm »
One guy says the "carbon vanishes", someone else corrects him claiming it is "transmuted into another element".  Ok, now that we are transmuting elements at normal atmospheric temperatures and pressures WHY NOT JUST TURN STRAW INTO GOLD, RUMPLESTILTSKIN!

Granted, I know just enough chemistry and physics to be dangerous, but these claims are sci-fi. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 08:43:06 pm »
A guy I know who is a diesel mechanic was dabbling with a similar setup about 5 years ago.  He had video of an engine running, powdered by this apparently "magic chamber" which was a glass jar with bubbles and some kind of carbon rod in it.  You could see the water bubbling inside.  I haven't talked to the guy since high school, but he was never the type to make up B.S. stories.

I didn't really look into the theory of how this is supposed to work, but I would imagine that if it works, it somehow separates the hydrogen from the water, and that is what burns.

Although I'm not sure how carbon can vanish...

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:46 pm »
I remember from college chemistry the idea of a hydrogen car. It utilized oxygen to burn and the byproduct (emmision) being water..

Burn hydrogen H with oxygen O= H2O.

Cipriano

I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:27:21 pm »
I have a buddy who put a hydrogen cell in his old carboratered van and says he saves several miles to ther gallon on gas by running the hydrogen into the air intake.  It runs off the battery.  Only draw back I saw was that he had to hook it up and un hook it everytime he drove and stopped.  dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 10:49:35 pm »
The amount of energy necessary to break the bond of the hydrogen and the oxygen in your water molecule is roughly the same as the energy (heat) from the oxidation of the hydrogen to make the water that is your resulting emissions. 

Now, if you build a PERFECT engine with absolutely NO friction all you end up with is a wash.  Energy is not free.  Physics is physics. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Badger

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 12:46:07 am »
  I have been seeing quite a few hydrogen manufacturing gadgets lately. As said above it generaly takes more energy to create the hydrogen than what it will return. A battery cell gives off hydrogen sulfide gasses as it charges but not in any kind of useful quantities. I have always found it interesting that hydrogen, nitrogen and carbon are the basic elements to life forms, hydrogen is fats, sugars, alchols and fuels, nitrogen makes up protiens and plant issues and carbon simply holds it all together. Nature produces fuel in useful quantities all the time but you would have to have a few acres of earth being towed behind your car to run it. I really don't know much about photosynthisis but suspect we are working on ways to mimic this to create sugars that can be distilled into fuel.