Author Topic: New Osage Hauler  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New Osage Hauler
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 01:19:08 pm »
Nice truck, George but I'm affraid you'll have to get some dents and scratches on the shiny new thing before you will truely be able to enjoy it.  ;) Harvesting and hauling osage is an excellent way to "break in" a new ride!  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 01:24:36 pm »
We could get him some dead pig stickers like mullet.. >:D >:D
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline GaryR

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 06:49:34 pm »
Erictheviking, those are not hills, they are rooftops. Your right, there are no hills in George's part of Texas. I can see his house from mine and it takes me an hour to get there.

Sweet ride George. That Jeep had transplant written all over it. Now you can say you are a Texan. Next time I come over I'll help you split some logs. Remind me. I hope all is well on the wood gathering. Wish I was there.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:53:59 pm by GaryR »

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 12:40:26 am »
Yea, it's flat as a pancake where I live.  This truck has quite a bit more power than I'm used to, even when pulling a trailer of osage logs.  My truck may fit in Gary, but my accent (or lack thereof) always gives me away.  I'm lovin it here though.

I nearly got those scratches today Pat.  One of the osage trunks wanted to fall on the truck but a sympathetic hackberry next to it held it up until we could hook the strap and chain and pull it over the other way.  Whew.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 03:43:36 am »
Ha! I should of looked closer. not too many hills with sky lights. :)
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 05:23:54 am »
That Chicago accent stands out anywhere south of Chicago!