Author Topic: Real men only shoot 60#+ bows!  (Read 1769 times)

Offline jermcramp1

Real men only shoot 60#+ bows!
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:56:24 pm »
 >:DHAHA not really! >:D it is funny though, when I first got into archery last year, all the guys pull 60-80# wheelys, so I thought thats where you had to be to be a real archer. But I never could get any good with worrying about the pins and level and peep and all that other stuff. "Not ragging on wheelys but it just aint for me"

And it seems like anyone who tries to build their first bow always shoots for 50-60#. Me too, My first 2 bows I was trying to get 55#. Well, I have been converted...after being educated by all you guys and after building and shooting 30-40# bows and seeing the vids by Billy Berger, I have found that that is plenty of weight and alot more fun to shoot, and the 30# I just built is so much fun for snap shooting. I have a 60# recurve that i will be hunting with and it is a sweet shooter but the lighter bows are just so much fun! Just a thought...

For Christmas I built my bro in law a 32# hickory LB, he's 14, which he only took out when I was there and never really appreciated it, well his birthday gift this week was a wheely, which is nice, and all the guys in the fam shoot 70#+ wheelys and is the "man card" bow, they all kid me about my stick bows and lighter weights, but last night we were all shooting his new bow and I went a grabbed his Lb with the boo arrows I made him, I out shot all of them with his own bow, they made fun of how slow the arrows got to the target but I just laughed right back when he was digging his arrows out of the fence behind the target and I was pulling mine from the bullseye... >:DWOW it was so much fun ragging him about all the gear he just bought and all those gadgets on his bow but he still couldnt hit the target... >:D

Not sure if I've converted him to sticks yet but I wont give up!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:09:07 pm by jermcramp1 »
Even the dogs get the crumbs...

Offline Lone500

Re: Real men only shoot 60#+ bows!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 03:14:02 pm »
If hes into archery then dont push or anything and stay jolly about it and he WILL come around of his own volition. And then more people will start converting to stick bows  ;D
Leon      Saluda, NC

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
Re: Real men only shoot 60#+ bows!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:49:11 pm »

...I have found that that is plenty of weight and alot more fun to shoot, and the 30# I just built is so much fun for snap shooting. I have a 60# recurve that i will be hunting with and it is a sweet shooter but the lighter bows are just so much fun! Just a thought...

I feel the same way, those lighter bows are a blast to shoot all day.

I'm not sure how someone can completely miss a target with a wheelie bow though...  ::)  Sounds like it might be a bit before your cousin gets his "man card"!  >:D