Author Topic: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress  (Read 454014 times)

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: 2012 PA Bow Trade - Works In Progress
« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2012, 07:06:57 pm »
Looks great Pearl as always cant wait to see it all finished up! Some one is gonna be stoked!

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Mangeur de lard

• Wildlife biologist and arborist
« Reply #661 on: March 09, 2012, 08:35:34 pm »
Those are some sweet lines there!
Quebec, Canada

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #662 on: March 09, 2012, 08:44:29 pm »
Y'all need to calm down rember he said it was for so and soy >:D
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #663 on: March 09, 2012, 09:35:00 pm »
58 1/2" of sinew powered screamin' fury 8). Its only pulled to 22. I hate holding bows at full draw, I think its bad, bad, bad. I should be shipping 7-10 days. Hope ***** enjoys his new *** @ *** bow. Sorry for the crooked pics.

well since ya used the pronoun "his" reckon i gotta keep holding my breathe....damn
wild women don't get the blues

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #664 on: March 09, 2012, 09:41:42 pm »
Damn! My apologies Ms. Sadie!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #665 on: March 09, 2012, 09:50:38 pm »
Pearl That looks like a killing machine! Great tiller and really sweet profile. Very well done 7-10 days and probably a week for shipping travel,,,,,,,So I need to watch  ::) ::)

This watching the door everyday sure is fun :o :o. The mail lady came up the driveway and I could she her grab a tube out of the back,,,,,Yea ha my heart leaped and then I noticed it was only 2 feet long.   Lulyn had ordered a poster!  :-[ :-[

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #666 on: March 09, 2012, 09:52:43 pm »
It could have been a two-piece Keenan! I do the same think every stinkin' day. Just stare at that porch hoping a tube materializes. Kinda like seeing all those does when you where younger just wishing one would sprout antlers!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline footfootfoot

• Now with more irony
« Reply #667 on: March 10, 2012, 12:24:11 am »
No pics tonight but an update on the wonky Hornbeam bow. It's been at 8%MC for a couple of weeks now, I've been working on the tiller and weight. It's at 40# @ 23" right now, and it hasn't taken any set. I'm trying to get it to full draw after making gradual passes with the scraper.

I also began a tri-lam flatbow in case I totally wreck the Wonky Hornbeam.

The tri-lam is Ipe belly, Black Locust insides, American Beech Back. It was all very, very dry stuff that's been in the shop for about 12 years. It's now at 60# @ 24". It's a bit stout right now and it's got me thinking I ought to make a crossbow.

I'll put some pictures up soon.
Bring me my Bow of burning gold; Bring me my Arrows of desire: Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold! Bring me my Chariot of fire!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #668 on: March 10, 2012, 12:39:41 am »
Pearl That looks like a killing machine! Great tiller and really sweet profile. Very well done 7-10 days and probably a week for shipping travel,,,,,,,So I need to watch  ::) ::)

This watching the door everyday sure is fun :o :o. The mail lady came up the driveway and I could she her grab a tube out of the back,,,,,Yea ha my heart leaped and then I noticed it was only 2 feet long.   Lulyn had ordered a poster!  :-[ :-[

I know how you feel Keenan.  Last year the wife ordered a telescopic flag pole during the bow swap.  I bet a UPS driver has never seen a guy sprint to his truck for a flag pole before  ;D  Man was I disapointed when I figured it out  :(
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #669 on: March 10, 2012, 12:54:27 am »
That is a sweet lil' bow, Pearlie. Very similar to my 57" sinew backed osage"Sweet Thang".  8)
  Somebody will be very pleasantly surprised how well this bow will shoot...and I've never shot it but I know it will!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #670 on: March 10, 2012, 03:45:34 pm »
Your right Pat, I shot the crap outta it today and its quick and quiet as a mouse with a big fat B50 rope on it, Im sure a 12 strand D10 will get her smoking. It took on some expected set, but holds a good 1" of reflex. Im sure Mr. Sinew and Mrs. Hide Glue will continue working and maybe pull in a tad more. It seems settled in (for now) around ** @ **". Within 2# of my goal. I did a first for me today. I wrapped my skins around the edges to secure and protect my backing. The skins are actually the tails off the rat snakes I did my last bow with. Im anxious to descale and seal her up!!!!!!!!!!! I have a black grip ready to rock when the time comes.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:31:08 pm by PEARL DRUMS »

Offline bubby

« Reply #671 on: March 10, 2012, 04:05:02 pm »
look's SSD pd, swift, silent & deadly, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline coaster500

« Reply #672 on: March 10, 2012, 05:03:07 pm »
Dadadang!!! Chris that is sweet :)
Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #673 on: March 10, 2012, 05:08:10 pm »
Dadadang!!! Chris that is sweet :)

And the best part Kip. I built a twin to her 2" longer in the RCM, or Reflexed Curing Mechanism. Unlike this one, it doesnt have a name on it.....Different tree, same exact design and sinew job.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #674 on: March 10, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »
Pearlie, she'll look great hanging next to Sweet Thang.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC