Author Topic: Another day at work  (Read 6927 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Another day at work
« on: January 19, 2012, 08:44:43 pm »
I had to check out a piece of property I hadn't been on snce 1977, thousands of acres. it was a Petting Zoo back then and looked like it hadn't changed any. I was getting ready to open a gate and go into a huge pasture when something caught my eye. When I glassed it I saw that it was 27 hogs grazing like cattle. And farther down was another group with 41. I went into the pasture and they didn't pay any attention to me >:D. So,, I tought I'd check on them up close on the way out ;).

I started cruising across the field towards them and the big group trotted off but the smaller bunch kept feeding. By the time I got to within 75 yds I was running close to 60mph and then they started scattering. I ended up clipping two in the head, no meat damaged and jumped out and caught the little black one.

After I left I saw some tourist parked on the highway looking at another group that looked to have at least a hundred in it. Never see them in the middle of the day acting stupid when you're hunting. ??? :)
Looks like the F-250 is taking over where the Jeep left off ;D.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Another day at work
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:47:44 pm »
You have GOT to have someone video that operation for the rest of us to see!!! :o
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 08:54:36 pm »
I flippin' love it Eddie!......."jumped out and caught the little black one." .......THATS HILARIOUS man!

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:55:49 pm »
Bevan, I was wondering on the drive home if I could mount a camera to the front of my truck ;D. But, I don't know how I'd explain it to the Safety Officer or my Boss.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 09:00:03 pm »
One word sir.....Velcro!! 8)
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 09:03:56 pm »
 ;D ;D Another great hunting trip with the V8.  :o  Did ya dive out of the truck and bull dog the little blacky? LOL

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 09:05:25 pm »
Oh my Lawd-a-mercy, but I think those would fit nicely on a barbecue grill.  Run 'em thru the meatsaw to split 'em in half down the middle and slap the dry rub on 'em.  Hello hickory and mesquite chips, how ya doing, why yes, I'll have another cold and frosty as they cook up!  Is the coleslaw comin'?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline gmc

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »
Ahhhhhh, arent they cute.

Their not dead are they  ???
Central Kentucky

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 09:52:35 pm »
Do you have any idea how much fun we could have on four wheelers. I even have a GoPro that goes on my helmet.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 10:04:12 pm »
That's a crazy story!!! Have you done this before???

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 10:09:40 pm »
Nice!!!  We should-a driven the F250 when I was there.  Sounds like it's got some hog attraction properties.  :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 10:42:29 pm »
Yeah - I am a member of PETA - People for the Eating of Tasty Animals! I usually "hunt" with the car - deer a a little hard on a front end though.  Magnet mounts for the camera - then there is nothing for the boss to find. Did ys at least wash the blood off the truck? >:D

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:27 pm »
Nice Eddie!  You already have your stickers mounted 8)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 11:35:00 pm »
JW; they are perfect size for the BBQ grill and tender.

Keenan; it was funy because I was narrating what was happening to three guys in my office on the Nextel and they cracked up when they heard the little pig squeeling. ;D

Justin; 4-wheelers with 10/22's mounted on the front with 30 round clips and a camera >:D.

Cipriano and George; I forgot how many I killed with my old jeep, I still have a sheet of hog silhouettes I used to stick on my door like fighter pilots

YO Ben I still have to wash it out of the bac when I get to work in the morning.

Jeff; right below the Hows My Driving. ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 03:21:58 am »
Bowling for bacon??  Cool man, too bad you couldnt have gotten more of the destructive little turds!!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei