Author Topic: Video of me shooting  (Read 3089 times)

Offline Hawkswood

Video of me shooting
« on: March 16, 2012, 08:55:00 pm »
Here is my first ever youtube of be shooting my warbow look-a-like. As stated in my other post I have not been at this very long. Any advice is welcome! I know the audio is too low, but it's a cheap kodak digital camera.

Thanks,
Dan

http://youtu.be/yitEWF9-dr0

Offline Loki

Re: Video of me shooting
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 09:10:52 pm »
Nice video,advice would be to watch some youtube vids of the Warbow archers (steve stratton,joe gibbs etc) and copy how they shoot.
Whilst your pulling your Bow to the correct draw length you appear to be shooting in a target archery style.You wont be able to do that when you go up to warbow weights.You need to learn to 'bend in the bow' and use your chest and back muscles to take some of the strain of your arms.
Good luck and take it slooooow, tendons are easy to damage and take a long time to heal  ;D.
Durham,England

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:25:04 pm »
I know it's a starting point, and good for you... but 45-50# is not a warbow. It is, however, a great place to start. As mentioned, you don't shoot a warbow like a target bow... well, not for very long anyway. My advice? Forget the close range target, and go out to a field and flight shoot with it. Practice shooting in the bow, setting your bow arm height for max distance, and come to full draw (at least 30"). As stated with the EWBS, I think a minimum for warbow classification is 70#@30".

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 09:48:47 pm »
Watch that plywood behind your target, it is a arrow killer!!