Author Topic: I Never Break Bows.  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: I Never Break Bows.
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 02:19:13 am »
I would say the confusion comes in when comparing different profile styles.  For instance  a narrow stacked elb  will be more center shot than  a Cherokee flat bow with its rectangular  flat profile.  Even though, they will both be a d-tiller bow.  I don't remember  the specifics of the article  so I am guessing  that was the case.  If you could tell me which issue  that article was in , I will revisit  it.  Josh

Offline Dictionary

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 11:55:37 am »
I would say the confusion comes in when comparing different profile styles.  For instance  a narrow stacked elb  will be more center shot than  a Cherokee flat bow with its rectangular  flat profile.  Even though, they will both be a d-tiller bow.  I don't remember  the specifics of the article  so I am guessing  that was the case.  If you could tell me which issue  that article was in , I will revisit  it.  Josh

Oops sorry i thought i posted the link.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/articles/simpledbow.html
"I started developing an eye for those smooth curves as a young man.  Now that my hair is greying and my middle spreading I make bows instead."

-JW_Halverson

Offline okie64

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 01:30:23 pm »
The widest part of a bendy handle bow isnt necessarily at the handle. When i build a bendy handle bow i narrow the handle enough to make it comfortable and closer to centershot. You have to thicken the handle up a little bit where it narrows but not so much that it doesnt bend at the handle.