Author Topic: 2012 Bow Trade  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
2012 Bow Trade
« on: January 13, 2012, 01:15:01 am »
 Well guys, it's that time of year again. Time to decide if you want to join the 2012 PA Bow Trade. I believe Josh(Elktracker) has posted the rules. This year Bevan R will be taking the reins with Josh and I backing him up. If you think that you are not good enough to join, now is the time to get better. Just knowing you are going to do your best to produce a bow that you are proud to offer to another will help your confidence and help sharpen your skills. If you run into a problems or just don't know where to start or which way to go ask questions, post pics and you will get all the help you need. We are all in the same boat here and we will all contribute to make everyone else successful. That is what this bow trade is all about. Not what you might get in trade but what you can make for your recipient.  8)  It is true, you might get a bow from one of our best bowyers but you also might get a bow from a rank beginner. Which ever one you get will be the best that person could do so it should be considered a treasured posession, no matter who the bowyer is. If you don't agree with this phylosophy, DON"T GET IN!!!
  We all know that situations come up we have no control of. Life gets in the way of our "addiction" but  life is way more important than this bow trade. If you happen to have one of these situations please contact Bevan, Josh or myself and we will put our heads together to resolve the problem or find a resolution. Remember, you are responsible for building a bow for someone else and you will be recieving a bow from someone else so...do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  ;)
  With that said, Lets all have fun, lets all make beautiful bows and most of all, lets all get to know one another. Along with all the wood bow building knowledge we also have lots of potential friends in our group if we allow it. Discussing our bow building problems and triumpths will increase knowledge and will continue the heritage of "Passing on the Traditions of Classical Archery"!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Bevan R.

Re: 2012 Bow Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 01:30:51 am »
Thanks Pat!

Looking forward to a really fun trade.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline John K

Re: 2012 Bow Trade
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 10:17:31 pm »
Well said Pat ! I'll play again if i can ?  :)
The only way to fail is to never start !