Author Topic: Need special prayers  (Read 4701 times)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
Re: Need special prayers
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 01:23:11 am »
And a few more... :)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 02:38:56 am »
KOOL!!!  8)
Meat for the freezer. What time is supper?  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 07:57:39 am »
Congrats,very well done. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 09:25:27 am »
Looks like a great hunt.  Good shooting Diego!  You got as many deer in 50 minutes as I have all season. ;)  Hey Diego, get that camera away from your Dad and shoot some pictures of him too...OK?  I forgot what he looks like. :-[ ;D

Thanks Gus,
George
St Paul, TX

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 11:52:40 am »
Congrats Diego!!!  Those might be the coolest pictures I've seen on here in a long time!  Make sure your Dad skins those deer well and makes some nice brain-tanned hides for you  8)
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 09:18:05 pm »
Congrats Diego!
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 01:18:33 pm »
Folks thank you a bunch for the prayers, well wishes and Sadiejane thank you for the sage on the fire ;)

That same morning the other little guy took a shoot at a spike, but the spike was behind a deer feeder leg and he hit the feeder leg!! If it had been an inch in either direction he would have harvested his first deer.  It was his first time to shoot at a deer. 

We hunted that afternoon, but we did not see anything.  Yesterday morning the wind gust were up to 35 MPH out of the north and it had been a full moon. A doe came out at 7:15.  Diego wanted me to shoot it.  He said he wanted me to get a deer too.  I told him it was too early in the hunt and we needed to wait.  He then asked if he could shoot it and I said no.  He was happy with that.  He just really wanted me to shoot it.  When the doe walked away he said, "Daddy you are going to regret that.  I prayed that we would see a deer.  We saw a deer.  Our prayers were answered."

Sure enough he was right, but I did not want to go home with three deer and my friend and his son with none.  It was a wonderful trip with lasting memories and nice deer legs, hides, sinew and meat.  When we arrived in town I delivered one spike to my friend that has not gotten a deer this year.  He was happy. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 01:38:34 pm »
awesome story and picks. good on you for giving your buddy a deer too.  cant wait to hunnt with my oldest son. you are indeed a blessed man(of course I know you know that)). :D
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 03:18:31 pm »
Gracias Eric ;)  Yes sir.  More blessed than I deserve. 

Gus a special thank you to you mi amigo 8) Very cool and nice of you to post pics for me while I was still on the hunt. 

George, I got a few pics of me and I will try to post them later :)

Knappers and rock hounds look closely at the pics of Diego in the filed.  Those rocks (ALL) of them scattered about are good quality flint cobbles and pieces :o

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 06:04:11 pm »
Very cool my friend!!!

Sounds like I need to drive down there, shoot a deer or two, couple hogs and load them and a bunch of rock up in a Uhaul rental for a return trip  >:D
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 02:06:19 pm »
Great Story/ Hunt Cip!  Congratz to you all, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 01:43:03 am »
My pleasure Cipriano!
Again, Excellent HUNT!
I know you are Hoppin Proud of Diego!
And Kudos to you Both for your Generosity!

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX