Author Topic: fletching without a jig  (Read 2377 times)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
fletching without a jig
« on: January 07, 2012, 04:53:20 pm »
Hi all.... I'm new to primitive fletching techniques, I've used a basic jig for years now. But its time for me to learn the original method, could anyone help out,  by providing some good video links etc....I'd be much obliged....thanks for your time if you can...

Dave
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: fletching without a jig
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 04:56:10 pm »
Check out Jackcrafty's(Patrick) build alongs on the "How To" section. He even has a YouTube page I believe.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:13:45 pm »
check out the sticky at  the top of the arrow page.
jamies "primitive fletching jig"
i know you asked about not using a jig,
but i could imagine that our nna brothers and sisters figured this one out using heavy leather
many many generations past.
wild women don't get the blues

Offline Prarie Bowyer

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 01:16:11 am »
Tons on You Tube.  Look up "primitive Bow fishing" and you'll see one by Yoyindo.  that is good and search "primitive fletching"  there are about a dozzen i think. 

also look up "primitive bow fishing reel" :-)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 04:05:44 pm »
thanks guys thats the info I needed,  just had to put 'primitive fletching' into you tube search, tried many searches but not that!!!!
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......