Author Topic: Air filtration....amazing difference  (Read 1703 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Air filtration....amazing difference
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:57:18 pm »
I saved my Christmas pennies for an air filtration system for my shop. WOW! Its completely amazing the difference it has made in my shop's air. Its was only a few hundred bucks and super simple to mount on the ceiling. I would highly suggest one for everybody working any type of wood, arrows, bows, whatever your pleasure. I can seriously watch fines float upward quickly and heavies drop right down to the floor. Spend the coin guys!  ;)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

Re: Air filtration....amazing difference
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »
Na..not for me thanks...I like my filthy dirty hippy fumes :laugh:.....hmmmm?..I wonder why im coughing right now ::)....lol :laugh:

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:04:42 pm »
That's a great Idea,I started to get one when My shop was indoors,now it would
kind of be a wast.  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 03:02:04 pm »
I never realized how dusty and dirty the air was even when I wasnt sanding or scraping anything. Just stirring up dust on the floor and such is a mess. It has a remote and I turn it on when I hit the lights. It stays on the whole time in working on anything. Very little noise comes from it as weel. Thats good cause I need to hear my tunes when Im working.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 04:10:52 pm »
I would like to see a photo of it please.
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »
Beavn you can see it on Menards website. Its basically a 24" x 24" x 14" metal box with dual filters and a squirrel cage inside. The controls are all digital. 3 speed and 3 timer setting for each. LOW works great for my 14' x 14' shop.

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »
I will check it out. I need something for my place.
Thanks
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 06:12:05 pm »
I need something in my garage BAD.  Pretty much everything has a nice coating of dust, which I'm sure can't be good for my innards.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:26:42 pm »
I am the worst frugal skeptic you ever met. I was skeptical about this for way too long. It compares to not owning a bandsaw the first 20-30 stave bows. Now Im paying dearly with bad elbows, shoulders and wrists. I didnt want my lungs to be next. Spend the money and dont look back guys. And like you said Jonathan that layer of dust on everything sucks bad, especially when you need something under it.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 07:30:42 pm »
I started wearing disposable face masks when sanding cuz I was tired of picking golden boogers. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.