Author Topic: Which do you prefer?  (Read 3297 times)

Offline toomanyknots

Re: Which do you prefer?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 03:03:54 pm »
I keep a good amount of small osage blocks around that I split/cut out from my scraps and unusable staves splits, or ends I cut off on staves, exc exc, as blanks for tip overlays and arrow rests. I like to use a wrap handle and some light glue to hold the arrow rest in place, or sometimes just a nug wrap handle only. I am a left handed archer (even though I'm a right handed everything else  :o) so that way, if I wanna trade a bow or something I can just take the arrow rest off the right side and put it on the left side. Generally though, I just like the look of a "tricked out" arrow rest under a leather grip.  :) I personally prefer to shoot off my hand, and that's the only way I can hit anything 20 feet away or more. Probably just because I haven't practiced with a shelf. I will say shooting off your hand will make your fletching and fletching whipping a thousand times more careful.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:12:45 pm by toomanyknots »
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline half eye

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 04:18:25 pm »
I make and use NA "D" bows that are short....no grip wrap, off the hand, dont even use a string knocking point.....closest I get is a small incised line where I place the top of my hand. There's one on each side of my personal bows cause I will shoot them both ways (up and down)
rich

Offline ChrisP

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 04:24:19 pm »
I prefer off the hand as well. As a bonus you get better at fletching your arrows too!