Author Topic: Tennesse Classic  (Read 90866 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Tennesse Classic
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2012, 12:35:59 pm »
Well seasoned I might add!  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

blackhawk

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2012, 01:14:47 pm »
Well seasoned I might add!  8)

Well let's marinate that seasoned meat with some jack d and see what kinda good cooking we come up with  :laugh:  8)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2012, 01:26:27 pm »
Not my well seasoned meat. ;) >:D >:D You are right blackhawk slow arrows are cool. :) :) I will let you young whipper snappers turn out the fast stuff,slow and steady is fine with me. :) I will say I love to see the improvements that have been made in wood bows [at least what I have seen] since I started 20 something years ago. Its fun and very interesting to watch ,I am just to hard headed to change much. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2012, 01:46:31 pm »
Sorry if my humor is over the top..n hope it doesn't offend  ::)

Well if ya like slow arrows ill make ya a war club tip bow like a jim hamm mojam turtle bow :laugh:...u may think I'm joking  ::)...but am I ???

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2012, 03:09:32 pm »
Pappy's bows spit an arrow faster then most, I know because I've shot the majority of them and have one he gifted me. If his arrows aren't as fast as some, it is more due to a shorter draw length than the bows design. I know his arrows bring home meat every year and have for how many years straight???  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2012, 11:45:04 pm »
Can a deer really tell the difference in an arrow going an average primitive speed of 150-160 and a screamer bow arrow going 170-190...... ::) ::) A shot in the kill zone is a dead deer...I just like my bows to shoot good!
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2012, 11:50:12 pm »
If arrow speed was the one and only thing that mattered, I would seriously look into a Matthews from the local dealer.  He's a great guy, an incredible hunter, and a man with ethics that are unassailable. 

...and then I would go right back to scraping wood!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2012, 01:22:37 am »
 When I hunted at Pappy's arrow speed never came into the equation. The stand I was sitting on was about 12' off the ground and the first deer I had a chance at was  4 yards.
The second one was at less then 6 yards.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2012, 02:16:39 am »
...and!  ::)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2012, 07:56:56 am »
AND  ;) ;D ;D ;D   Not over the top at all blackhawk once you get to know the guys I run with you will see not much of anything is over the top. ;) :) I tell new guys in the club all the time ,it takes thick skin to hang around here,most toughen up and fit right in. :) They say I am pretty over the top myself sometimes. :) I think we all understand that speed ant what we are after or we would do like JW said,but we all want to build the best performing/easy tuning and shooting bows we can and still keep it as natural as possible. I tell folks all the time,nothing especially primitive about my bows,I just like to build wood bows. I will say ,there will be some of the very best wood bow builders at this event that have ever gathered anywhere. Some you have heard of and some you haven't but still awesome at what they do.I get impressed every year. :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Badger

« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:24 am »
  Pappy, I agree. I shoot the most plane jane bows you could possibly imagine. I don't even wrap the handles and seldom sand them beyond my scraper. But I do enjoy tweaking them out a bit for a little more snap. Avoiding excessive set and keeping the outer limbs reasonable in width will produce decent performing bows all day long. I have a short 26" draw so can use all I can get.

blackhawk

« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2012, 08:54:11 am »
Hahahaha :laugh:....looky what I started 8) sometimes its fun to stir the pot :) ;)...and it sounds like ill fit right in nicely then ;)....can't wait for some good ole southern fun :D

And you guys got it allllll wrooooong....its all about speeeeeeeeeeeed...lol :laugh:

Disclaimer: Ok...seriously yins know that im joking here

Steve...it'll be awesome to meet ya,ill get in the long line of people waiting ;) sounds like there's gonna be a lil bowmaking fest going on.

Offline cracker

« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2012, 09:29:10 am »
Hey Blackhawk if you really want to get to know the guys in TN you really need to get there early. They'll have you broke in by Friday when the crowd hits. Ron
PS I never go over the top I'm plain jane and mild as well water.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2012, 09:30:01 am »
Yep blackhawk you will fit in nicely and you are also right about the bow building fest, I try to explane to folks it is a bow building/napping gathering with a very good shooting tournament thrown in the mix. :) :) Hard to explane till you been there.  :)Steve I know what you mean, my draw is also 26, on a good day. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

blackhawk

« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2012, 09:49:38 am »
Ill prob be pulling in weds morn all wired n looney from driving overnight >:D...

@cracker...we'll see who's breaking who, or what..lol :laugh: