Author Topic: Tennesse Classic  (Read 90964 times)

Offline cracker

Re: Tennesse Classic
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2012, 09:13:23 pm »
Hey Eddie I'm sure we could do a little jiggling around and make room for you and ma. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2012, 10:36:48 pm »
 ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

blackhawk

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 12:16:35 am »
Geez...what's all the hype about??.. ???....its not even close to spring yet :laugh:
Man I take it you never been or you would understand, Kinda like riding a Harley.
Sounds like I wouldn't enjoy it then,cus I don't like harleys  :laugh:

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 03:25:24 pm »
Blackhawk, if you enjoy primitive bows both making and shooting them, flintknapping, pot luck dinner with lots of wild game, camp fires, music, great folks, and too many other benefits to mention...then you would enjoy the classic. The fact that you're on PA looking around tells me you must enjoy these type of events, and the Classic is as many will tell you the BEST of it's type available in many ways!  ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 06:12:36 pm »
I think I may just go to the Classic this year.  Sounds like fun to me.   ;D
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline cracker

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 06:15:45 pm »
Hey Jon it's such a long drive must be really rough what does it take 15--20 minutes?
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

blackhawk

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 09:40:21 pm »
Blackhawk, if you enjoy primitive bows both making and shooting them, flintknapping, pot luck dinner with lots of wild game, camp fires, music, great folks, and too many other benefits to mention...then you would enjoy the classic. The fact that you're on PA looking around tells me you must enjoy these type of events, and the Classic is as many will tell you the BEST of it's type available in many ways!  ;)

Well..I DO enjoy making n shooting primitive bows,I dabble with a lil bit of rock,my stomach loves and wholeheartedly agrees with wild game,im a pyro,a former music dude,but not so sure I fall into the list of great guys...so it sounds like I need some more convincing ;) I think you know im just joking around here ;)  :P

I've been to 3 different venues but haven't made the classic yet...im actually hoping to this year and crossing my fingers I can make it ;)

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 09:55:01 pm »
I guarantee you will like it.  Make sure to bring some of that HHB and other trading items ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline TRACY

« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 10:18:04 pm »
Not even a full week after Xmas! Bow artist and I will make plans to get down there Thursday morning. Looking forward to seeing everyone again and I'll try to leave all the rain up north ;) sure gonna miss not having Jesse in the pit-maybe we can setup a laptop and Skype him

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »
Hey Jon it's such a long drive must be really rough what does it take 15--20 minutes?

Yeah it's a long ways Cracker.  37 miles one way by gosh!
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Badger

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2012, 11:51:43 pm »
     Pappy, I have a few questions.
Are their stores nearby for supplies?
What is the earliest folks will be showing up? I was thinking of a couple days early if thats ok.
Are thier motels nearby? I might get a room one night or if weather gets bad for some reason.
I am going to assume plenty of venders with staves available so I won't bring any. Thanks Steve

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2012, 12:04:32 am »
There are plenty of stores, restaurants, and hotels nearby.  There are stave vendors there also.  I will be bringing some osage to trade.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2012, 12:07:11 am »
Man this post was started on dec 30 by bear and there is already 5 flipping pages?  Wow and the classic is still how many months away... Anybody got a count on the hours or min yet?

Guess a few folks are just a bit excited.....

Yea well I am too. See y'all there.... I'm gonna go count the days :)

Wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2012, 12:12:05 am »
I really regret not making last years so I am going to really try and make it this year!
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2012, 12:39:31 am »
 Steve, If you stay at the Holiday Inn in Clarkesville you can eat the free breakfast with Calendergirl, and the rest of the staff at PA. Right down the road is Walmart and all kinds of restruants. Then just get on I-24 and head towards Nashville till you get to exit 19. Mike Mcguire and Gary Davis will have plenty of staves for sell along with a lot of other people from this site either selling or trading.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?