Author Topic: Tennesse Classic  (Read 90801 times)

Offline BearG

Re: Tennesse Classic
« Reply #345 on: March 21, 2012, 10:57:26 am »
Joe anything you make will be a treasure that we will all bid on.
I call a lot of people brother, but only count a few as family.

Offline BearG

« Reply #346 on: March 21, 2012, 10:58:03 am »

Offline BearG

« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2012, 06:35:50 pm »

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #348 on: March 22, 2012, 11:29:38 pm »
  Am letting Mr. Halverson down also as he was going to go with me to meet all you folks.

Honestly Joe, I would rather that you take this once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Africa with your daughter.  The sun, moon, and all the stars arranged themselves to make this happen.  Go, enjoy, post pics of the fun time you have. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BearG

« Reply #349 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:24 am »

Offline Parnell

« Reply #350 on: March 23, 2012, 11:25:30 am »
Sorry I won't see you this year Joe and too bad JW, but I'm sure the stars will align at some point.  I'm gettin antsy now...
1’—>1’

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #351 on: March 23, 2012, 05:14:56 pm »
Looking like maybe I will never get there!
My wife has surgery scheduled so unless the good Lord decides to heal her before that ,or maybe he will heal someone else so they can move hers up !
For now as allways I can only trust his wisdom as to what is best for me !!!
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline DRon knife

« Reply #352 on: March 24, 2012, 12:56:59 am »
when is the classic?

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #353 on: March 24, 2012, 01:14:49 am »
Oh!  Are they holding it again this year?  I hadn't heard. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Lee Vivian

« Reply #354 on: March 24, 2012, 12:10:21 pm »
I just received my new copy of Primitive Archer magazine in the mail...and there is a great article by Stim Wilcox on last year's Classic....

I have wanted to shoot selfbows for several years now...either buying one or making one...and this looks like the place....my wife is interested as well..she has been shooting her longbow about a year...so she loves going to shoots with me....and the fact that we can make a stop in Nashville, which we have always wanted to visit....2013 looks like we might attend.....

It's 789 miles from Lancaster...and it means not making it to Baltimore's Trad Shoot two weeks later..but it is one I want to attend at least once....soo, vacation approval permitting...we will head south in 2013!

Lee

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: March 24, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »
Welcome to PA, Lee. Good to see you here.
  As far as I'm concerned the Tenn. Classic is the "go to" archery event of the year. It would take a disaster for me to miss it.
 I met and got to spend some time with Stim Wilcox last year at the Classic. He is a very nice guy with an incredible knowledge for building selfbows. I was quite impressed with the sapling bow he built while talking to a crowd and all in about 20 minutes. It wasn't the prettiest bow you have ever seen but it shot well and thats what it is all about anyway.
  Stim's book on building selfbows is a very good teaching aid for the wanna be and experienced bowyer alike.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

blackhawk

« Reply #356 on: March 24, 2012, 03:23:58 pm »
Welcome to PA Lee...your on the wrong side of the state buddy ;)  :laugh:...have u been up to denton(ETAR..eastern traditional archery rendevous)? Theres always a healthy number of selfbow guys up there,including me n some buddies. Just approach some selfbow guys n ask questions,cus more than likely they made them themselves. Maybe start a thread of your own asking if anyones around your area to help you make your own bow. The fun in shooting a selfbow is shooting a bow you make yourself,not buying one. If i was closer id def help ya out.

Offline Lee Vivian

« Reply #357 on: March 24, 2012, 03:44:20 pm »
blackhawk,

thanks...when i ran TradTech Archery, I had a vendor booth at ETAR every year...before that I used to attend, and this past year, due to being out of work, I could not make it.

This July, my wife and I have a campsite reserved at Potter County Family Campground, site #9 I believe, so we will be there.  When it gets closer we can pick a time and place to meet up.  I would enjoy meeting and visiting with you and others.

Stim gave me a copy of his book when at ETAR when I ran TradTech....and I watched his presentation at Baltimore Bowmen Traditional Classic:

Thanks everyone..Pat, I've been registered here for a while, but was content to just lurk....don't know much about primitive stuff..but that is next on my to do list.......

Lee

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #358 on: March 24, 2012, 04:29:22 pm »
Hey Lee  I have a friend up in Couer D' Alene, Idaho, Last name of Vivian. Not a real common name out here.                                .......Watch the primitive archery interest,It'll sneak up on ya' and next thing you know,you won't be looking at trees,sticks and turkeys the same.
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #359 on: March 26, 2012, 08:16:16 am »
Welcome Lee,don't think you will regret it, Stim sent us a pre copy of the article,I liked it and looking forward to seeing the finished version. Down to about a Month now before I am there for the week or more. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good