Author Topic: Knapping Gifts  (Read 1128 times)

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Knapping Gifts
« on: December 25, 2011, 01:21:55 pm »
Got myself a medium weight copper bopper and a copy of "Stone Age Spear and Arrow Points of the Midcontinental and Eastern Untied States" by Noel Justice, a local guy here @ IU, almost every figure has a picture of a point found in my home state of Indiana.  Pretty sweet book, need to get out side and smack a rock now.  Just wanted to let someone who might be as excited as me know.   ;)  Have a great Christmas and safe travels if that's what's ahead for the day/weekend.

Peace, dpgratz
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: Knapping Gifts
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 02:29:54 pm »
I got his book for California and the great basin some time ago.  First time I ordered it from the book store I got the desert southwest one. I am working in Yosemite National Park at the public information phone line today. I don't get presents till I get home. Merry Xmas -

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 05:45:42 pm »
Thanks Ben, you busy there today?  Have a great eve!!

Best wishes, dpgratz

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 10:02:04 pm »
Busy is the understatement of the day - No snow - none in the forecast for a week or so maybe - no skiers - all of the high roads are open. With out the skiers this time of year it is very quiet around here. You should come visit.

Offline bowtarist

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 01:03:30 am »
Thanks for the invite.  $$timepriorengagements all play a role in me not loadin' up the family and headin' to Cal-i-forn-i-a.  I still got one more week of late archery here too.  ;)  have a great time w/ your kids/grands and family. dpgratz

p.s. sounds like a great time to visit, I like "quiet around here".  Now if my two boys were there, it still may be sparce of folks, but it wouldn't be quiet.  :D

Offline TRACY

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:07:50 am »
Excellent gifts Derik! The book is pretty awesome, especially living in this area. Enjoy!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956