Author Topic: Christmas Exchange Who Has Shipped And Recieved???  (Read 37687 times)

Offline Stingray45

Re: Christmas Exchange Who Has Shipped And Recieved???
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2012, 12:55:50 pm »
Almost finished up with mine, will be shipping this weekend or Monday of next week. I have not received yet but we still have some time I believe so no worries.

~Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2012, 01:09:57 pm »
Up 'til 11:30 or so last night working on a sheath for mine.  Need to add a few finishing touches over the next couple of days and it'll be ready to ship.  I kinda like the way it's turning out, hopefully the recipient feels the same way.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2012, 01:17:33 pm »
Bareshaft12 any more info other than you recieved a bow like some specs? what kind of wood? Any pics?

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: January 05, 2012, 01:31:15 pm »
OK everyone, we only have a few more days before the deadline. Lets see if we can have all gifts shipped by the designated ship date.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2012, 04:38:11 pm »
I just wish mine would make it to the destination.   Paid for priority but I think its going by horseback.  Grrrrrrrrrr.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2012, 05:32:32 pm »
I checked the calendar today.  The 15th is a Sunday with the next day (16th) being MLK Day.  So...in truth, all exchange gifts should be shipped by the 14th.  :o  Sorry if you're looking for more time to finish, but the facts is the facts.  ;)   >:D dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2012, 07:48:50 pm »
i don't think a day here or there matters much, as long as we don't have the same trouble as the bow trade, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »
I agree with bubby I am still waiting on two people from the bow trade to ship and we are about due to start the bow trade in another month or so  ;D

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Offline bubby

« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:54 pm »
my guess is that put's them at the back door trying to get in the front on the next trade eh, Bub

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2012, 08:20:24 pm »
If I have anything to say about it ;D

Josh

Offline bubby

« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:44 pm »
with all the work you put in on these trades you otta have a say, Bub

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2012, 08:24:32 pm »
I just wish mine would make it to the destination.   Paid for priority but I think its going by horseback.  Grrrrrrrrrr.

It has arrived Madcrow!!!!  I was trying to get some pics uploaded by my kid's had my camera batt. charger with them down state.  Got them now and need to upload them to show off.

All I can say is that you have no idea how blessed I felt when I opened the box...this year has been a very tough go for me and recently I have had a world of issues and troubles (I was the guy who was going to drop out of the Xmas gift trade but the gang here kept my name in the hat and someone graciously covered for my end of the bargin and they still kept my name in the trade...I can't thank all of you who were a part of that enough!!)

The quiver is just stunning and will be used on all my primitive hunts from now on...I skinned out a coon from my trapline with the neck knife and just love that little bugger and the sheath to death.  The flint knife was a total bonus and to say you spoiled me doesn't really do the whole gesture justice.  I don't have any pics of the nice neckless you sent as my 9yr old, Gray, ran off with it immediately after I opened it  ::) You, my friend, are one extremely talented man!  Thank you so much for you generosity!

Here are some pics:

~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2012, 08:31:37 pm »
 :o :o WOW you got set up big time! You lucky dog ;D That is some mighty fine work!

O and by the way buckeye guy covered for you and lots of others kindly offered glad to hear your getting through your tough times and what a bunch of great gifts to help you allong!!

Josh

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2012, 08:36:37 pm »
I couldn't agree more Josh, "lucky", "blessed", etc hardly cover the efforts of the folks here on PA on my behalf...not another community like it as far as I am concerned. 

Thanks Buckeye Guy for covering my rear on such short notice!
~ Lee

"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2012, 09:06:42 pm »
I checked the calendar today.  The 15th is a Sunday with the next day (16th) being MLK Day.  So...in truth, all exchange gifts should be shipped by the 14th.  :o  Sorry if you're looking for more time to finish, but the facts is the facts.  ;)   >:D dpg

I'm bein more onry than honest.  if it takes a few days more to put on the final touches, by all means, take the time. 

Man that quiver is RAD maccow and Lee!  and the knives are Sweet!  Lee, hope things are looking up for ya.  dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)