Author Topic: another knife  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Jimbob

another knife
« on: December 11, 2011, 04:42:14 pm »
Its a piece of Texas flint that I got from Warhawk, it started step fracturing real bad on me and I couldnt get around it.  Ill be hafting it into some deer antler.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: another knife
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:34:23 pm »
Nice blade - try using a copper flaker with a longer tip to pressure off those steps. I find that I can get rid of some of the turtle backing using that technique. Catch the "flatter" parts of the steps with the tip of the flaker and most of the time you can get some off.

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 11:57:36 pm »
Looks good Jimbob.  Keep it up.
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 01:49:08 am »
look's good JimBob, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 02:00:52 am »
Jimbob, when that happens to me I usually swing harder and then get 2 pieces. :'(  It looks like it'll cut just fine.  Good work. :)

George
St Paul, TX

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 02:45:37 am »
Thank yall for the kind words.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 08:33:22 am »
You'd be amazed at how many blades and points look exactly like that. Thats a tough grade of pedernales. a little heat goes a long way on that stuff. Nice blade! haft it and keep on a knappin :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 08:38:12 am »
Yea, I've tried twice on raw pedernales and both times I ran for the heated rock in short order.  Paul are you finally back home???

George
St Paul, TX

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 02:10:16 pm »
looks authentic. i like it. it has a strong ridge and sharp edge. its perfect. ive done a complete turn around with my work where i want it too look like i found it in a field. only time i worry about the pretty part is when i am trying to replicate a high end point like some of the paleo era pieces.
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline Jimbob

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 03:57:22 am »
Thanks Yall

Lt. General James Gavin