Author Topic: The pics don't come up for me  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

The pics don't come up for me
« on: July 25, 2007, 07:13:02 pm »
I don't know if anyone else has the same problem with this site but only about 1 in 10 pictures people post are visible on a post for me. Most have a link that asks me to open at which point I get a message that my Kodak software doesn't support  the link. I have a lot of info to share, made a bunch of bows but am frustrated by my inability to see the pics including the bow of the month entries. I talked to a guy at the Old Fartes tournament last week that had the same problem accessing pictures on this site. I have no trouble with pictures on every other site on the net, only this one.

For instance, on Pappy's hickory cutting thread one picture comes up, the rest are links. Here is what I see instead of pictures,
 1.JPG (84.35 KB, 640x480 - viewed 128 times.)

Some threads have every picture, Manny's Guava build along in one example, every picture comes up fine.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:23:20 pm by Eric Krewson »

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: The pics don't come up for me
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 07:55:54 pm »
Are you using dial up or high speed.  I used to have dial up and have problems seeing pictures, but that was because I was to impatient. The only time I have a problem now is when I am not signed in. Maybe Marvin the Great and Wise can shed some light on the subject.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:37:58 pm »
I have cable internet access, very fast.

tradrick

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 08:55:13 pm »
I have a similar problem.When  their is a thread going with lets say 8 or 10 pictures.Only 5 or 6 may download the rest will be a little white box with a x in it.Unfortunetly I have dial up and I think after it downloads for so long it just times out.But I don't now I'm not a computer guy.Hey Eric,are you going to be at the ASTB State Shoot next week.I would like to meet with you and talk bow building,maybe you can teach this rookie something.That was a beautiful bow that got auctioned off that you built at the ASTB Children's Hospital Benefit.And very good of you to build it for a good cause.tradrick

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 10:20:28 pm »
Sometimes the pics are imbedded in the post as attachments, some are imbedded from online albums such as photobucket by using the "insert image" option, and some are just links pasted into the post. Some of them open, and some such as the pasted links, remain as links. Should be a lot more than 1 in 10 opening, though-sounds like it could be a photo software problem.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 12:23:45 am »
Stickbow uses inserted images from one's computer, Trad gang and most others use photo bucket. I do a lot of build alongs with both methods, no problems. I will try a picture form my photo bucket album to see if it comes up for me, first selfbow deer years ago.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 12:28:50 am »
Hey, you got it Eric.  Welcome to PA.  It took me a while to figure the pics thing out too. I still can't post on TradGand. Too much stuff to try to figure out.  ???  I'm better with primitive stuff. ;D
   Looking forward to you sharing your bows and knowledge with us.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 05:42:43 am »
Got it Eric,I was hoping to see you around here,you have a lot to offer.By the way nice deer.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good