Author Topic: Mentor Needed  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Hoodoo

Mentor Needed
« on: December 06, 2011, 08:30:02 pm »
As part of graduation requirements at my school each senior must complete a "Senior Project". We must choose a topic that we are passionate about and of course I chose Bowhunting. I have always been interested in traditional archery and would like to build a traditional bow. Each senior project requires a mentor to guide the student through the project using their technical expertise. If you would like to be my mentor or have information on a possible mentor any leads would be greatly appreciated. Also, I live in Missoula, MT so a mentor in the surrounding area would be very beneficial. 

Thanks in advance,

Trey

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
Re: Mentor Needed
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:34:07 pm »
Just post pictures and ask advise on here we could all be your mentors, I understand it would be nice to find someone near you but this way you have mutiple mentors who can all pitch in and help. Just an idea :-\

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: Mentor Needed
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:52:20 pm »
Elkie is right, we'll all pitch in to help you as best we can.  Post pics as you go so we can give specific suggestions.  There are quite a few outfits in the Missoula area making trad and primitive archery equipment, go thru the classified ads in Primitive Archer magazine for more information. 
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.