Main Discussion Area > Arrows

new arrow

(1/2) > >>

possum:
Well, I made a new arrow out of an unknown arrow material.  It was a bush I cut down about 10 years ago.  I had prestraightened the shafts before bundling and taping them together.  They are still pretty straight after all this time.  Here is a pic in a couple of stages.    I put some feathers on with sinew and wrapped on an arrowhead knapped from plate glass with sinew also.
head

fletching

We'll see how they fly after it dries and I figure out spine and stuff.  It may be to light a spine.

possum

jamie:
real nice job. the fletching and point are great. my only reccomendation is you wrap the shaft behind the point more. i wrap it about an inch back from the point just so it wont split.. peace

Pat B:
Nice Possum. I agree with Jamie about giving more support behind the point. Other than that, looks ready to go through a deers ribs! ;D    Pat

Justin Snyder:
Nice looking arrow. I am usually the odd one of the bunch, but I think the wrap behind the head is fine.  ;D I have wrapped far less than that and shot them through something and never had the shaft split.  Not saying it would be a bad idea to wrap more. I just don't think it is required. Justin

PeteC:
Nice arrow possom.It looks like privet.Was a smooth bark with ovate evergreen leaves?   God Bless,Pete C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version