Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

HHB Flightbow

(1/6) > >>

Marc St Louis:
I had a request from Ivar Malde (Kviljo) a couple months ago for a flightbow.  He wanted something in HHB so I made him this bow.

The bow is 52" N to N with 1 1/2" wide limbs and pulls just under 70# @ 25".  It is similar to the flightbow I wrote about in a previous issue of PA mag.  I heat-treated more than 4" of reflex into the bow and it lost most of that only keeping a little less than 1".

Shaun:
Sweet tiller Marc. That looks like it would send a flight arrow out of sight - maybe into orbit.

nativenoobowyer86:
hmmmmm lost 3 inches of reflex eh? maybe because its #70 and only 52" long!!!! amazing work as always Marc :D Ive got the elm flightbow article out on my workbench next to some maple billets,  after i read it a couple more times i think i will give it a shot :P

blackhawk:
Thanks for posting Marc ;)....it sure is nice to see your work on the board again...it always gives me inspiration. :D

dragonman:
thats a short bow for a 70# white wood self bow, but looks like you pulled it off ,very nice bends in the full draw shot.....good tiller, bet its fast......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version