Author Topic: CHUNDOO  (Read 1668 times)

Offline burchett.donald

CHUNDOO
« on: November 25, 2011, 09:10:07 pm »
Anybody have experience with chundoo? I was thinking of trying some. Wondered how it compares with cedar. If you have used it please give me the 411 on it.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline burchett.donald

Re: CHUNDOO
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 07:35:00 am »
  Chundo "Lodgepoll Pine" anybody out there that has made or shot Chundoo arrows? I heard it was very durable and very straight grained.
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 12:47:27 pm »
Chundo is a widely used commercial shafting. I've never used it but it seems to be a good shafting. I'd say it is heavier and tougher than cedar but most other shafting is.  ;)  I think cedar is used primarily because it is straight, stays relatively straight and is somewhat light. When cedar was first used folks didn't think that much about arrow weight as long as they shot well.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 11:44:05 pm »
It is a good durable shaft. The problem I had with it was I had to constantly straighten them. Once I started shooting cane and bamboo I've never gone back to shoots or wood shafts. I like the grass shafts, now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 03:13:18 pm »
I've made and shot a few.  The more growth rings per inch the better.  Somewhat durable.  About the same as cedar.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr