Author Topic: ordering from irondale longbows?  (Read 8216 times)

Offline Peter-t123

ordering from irondale longbows?
« on: November 20, 2011, 02:15:31 pm »
hi, i was wondering exactly how you go about placing an order with this company, the website doesnt make it 100% clear, and while it lists an email address, ive tried emailing but havent received a reply, and there isnt a contact phone number. Does anyone have a phone number for this company or had any experience buying off them?

Cheers, Peter

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: ordering from irondale longbows?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 02:24:47 pm »
That is one of the poorest designed, most annoying sites I have ever seen. Just saying.....
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Peter-t123

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 02:55:25 pm »
i agree the site isnt very helpful at all, however im looking for a cheap bow for my first heavy bow to get used to warbow style shooting, and they look fairly decent and the prices are very nice too.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:28:41 pm »
were do you live? i might be able to help you out
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline Ian.

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:59:00 pm »
You give yourself some time to practice before you start selling your work Noel,  ;)
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline Peter-t123

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 04:03:44 pm »
im from peterborough, cambridgeshire. If i cant get in contact with irondale, can anyone recommend any other company/maker that can make a basic warbow around the £200 mark in time for christmas? (i am aware the answer to this is probably, there arent any.)

Peter

Offline Ian.

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 04:08:26 pm »
Funny that im just down the road from you Peter, im in Boston.
ALways happy to help anyone get into heavy weight archery: https://www.facebook.com/bostonwarbowsbows/

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 04:31:43 pm »
You give yourself some time to practice before you start selling your work Noel,  ;)
wasn't going to sell it, just if he got me the materials i would take care of the rest, but he is not in the US, so it wouldn't be realistic shipping wise, plenty of other options though
good luck
noel
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline ChrisD

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 06:32:47 pm »
At that sort of price, you're really going to be up against it.

I would consider heritage archery - I suspect they represent the best value out there for something that won't explode and possibly injure you but its a bit above you're quoted limit. Another good company to deal with is Nidderdale archery. They are great for shafts and such - don't know about their bows but based on how they've looked after me on other things, worth a call.

if £200 is your limit though, you may be stuck with 'pre enjoyed' bows. Nothing wrong with that - just got to keep your eyes peeled!

C

Offline Peter-t123

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 07:23:41 pm »
Thanks for the heads up on nidderdale archery chris... i put in an order for some shafts from them tonight, and you were definitely right to say about the way they dealt with you. The man i spoke to on the phone couldnt have been more helpful and said he would pick out a set of shafts. to make sure i got good ones.

Offline carpenter374

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 07:01:13 am »
here, all you gotta do to this one is sand and finish. not hard to do. rudderbows is a good company too i have bought staves from them.

https://rudderbowsarchery.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_19&products_id=330&zenid=va2h74uum6443usbfvb8m59nd0
"Those who would sacrifice their freedom for safety will find that they will inherit neither." -Ben Franklin     

--Carpenter

Offline Peter-t123

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 10:45:45 pm »
'60-65 pounds at 31" and below. Simply sand smooth and apply a finish
Ready for Battle?'

come on mate, seriously?