Author Topic: Enter BOM contest  (Read 1853 times)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
Enter BOM contest
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:27:53 pm »
Just a warm reminder from sunny Texas to PM me your link to your bow to enter your bow for BOM contest. 

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Parnell

Re: Enter BOM contest
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:19:01 am »
Hola amigo,

Planning on entering that osage I posted but misplaced my subscription#.  Waiting for Marie to send it to me.

I'll let you know.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Cipriano.

Stephen
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 01:09:34 am »
I'll have two to enter in a few weeks, Cipriano. I'll get the proper info to you.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 06:32:24 am »
I don't think mine has the stuff for bom but I will enter it tomorrow  ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 09:58:53 am »
Ok..ill put in another losing entry :laugh:

Cipriano do you still have my sub# from last month?,or do I have to send it everytime?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 09:49:10 pm »
Never give up Rudy!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 10:21:01 pm »
You never know. Some people don't judge based on pretty, function is more important. If it is a well tillered bow it will get my vote long before a pretty one with average tiller. Beside, entering BOM is a little competitive motivation for most of us to improve.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 11:10:58 pm »
You never know. Some people don't judge based on pretty, function is more important. If it is a well tillered bow it will get my vote long before a pretty one with average tiller. Beside, entering BOM is a little competitive motivation for most of us to improve.

I would vote for a well built and properly tillered bow over pretty any day.
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 11:47:00 pm »
Hola Esteban. We are doing well and blessed amigo:) Thanksgiving was wonderful. Hope y'all had a great one too ;)

Thanks buddy! I looked it up so you are good to go ;)Just PM me your bow link.

Pat Im looking forward to those entries. I guess you feel compelled to show these young yahoos how it's done... JK kidding Sticks ;D

soy and blackhawk you never know if you don't try ;D Plus if you enter we all win and learn a great deal from your contribution. If you build a working functional bow to full draw you have already won.

Yes blackhawk. I have it and you are good to go.

Justin is right on.. A second that!

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Stiks-N-Strings

• life really is pretty damn simple, just live it!
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 12:16:42 pm »
Guarantold you Cipriano, Pat can show me how it's done anytime. I've gained alot of knowledge from that Ol' mountain man LOL. Very fortunate to to able call him friend.
learned a great deal many things during my absence the last few years,
True friends are rare and priceless.
You always think it won’t happen to you, well it can it will. Such is life, it ain't fair and shows no indifference. Enjoy it anyway

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 01:16:40 pm »
My BOM vote goes for the bow that has good tiller and is well made but that includes first time bowyers or if I see major improvement is a relatively new bowyers ability. There are so many great bows and bowyers out there and they don't really need the praise so I just enjoy them for what they are. The new guys that are just beginning to understand what's going on while making a bow and pushes himself(or herself) to build a well made, well tillered bow will get my vote every time. That is what PA and BOM are all about...Passing on the Tradition of Classical Archery!!!

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC