Author Topic: Which Trail Cam ?  (Read 1260 times)

Offline johnston

Which Trail Cam ?
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:45:14 pm »
Never had a Trail Cam. Wife wants to get me one for Christmas so what kind do I want?
Thanks.

Lane

Offline Keenan

Re: Which Trail Cam ?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:21:34 am »
 It depends on set up area. If you feel real safe that no one will find it then get a better one. But if your in an area that someone may stumble across it then I would get a cheaper one.
 I have a 59.00 wallmart Bushnell that works fairly well for the money. And I have a Tasco that is a little fancier and works very nice also.  I have had both chewed on by elk and bear. :o  On the first setting a big bear bit the Tasco and cracked the flash cover on the flash ??? >:( I have never had one stolen but know several people who have.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 12:27:57 am »
If you are going to spend the money go for a cuddeback.....I have two wildgame cameras they take very good photos but they eat battery's fast.   They are usually dead in a week or even sooner if it is cold.  Bushnell trophy cams are good also.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 01:12:35 am »
We use Moultrie trail cams at our lease.  They aren't the best camera but we've had good success as long as we didn't buy the cheapest ones they sold.  I think ours are D55s.

A friend of mine just bought 2 plot watchers by Day6 Outdoors for this season.  He absolutely loves them and they definitely changed the way he hunts.  He even captured his last deer harvest on the time lapse video.  At some point I'll probably get one or 2 of those myself.

George
St Paul, TX