Author Topic: One Bow or More?  (Read 2123 times)

Offline johnston

One Bow or More?
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:48:08 pm »
During a hunting season do you hunters use one main bow
or do you use multiples? Thanks.

Lane

Offline gstoneberg

Re: One Bow or More?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 03:27:27 pm »
For awhile I thought it was cool to use several bows in the same season, but it's really hard to keep your instinctive shooting sharp when you do that.  Now I just shoot one and keep an old faithful handy for backup.  However, I have finished a bow up late in the season, wanted to try it so bad I took out the last day, and was fortunate enough to get a deer with it.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline iowabow

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 07:37:30 pm »
I am only using one right now but would like to get another up and going so that I can give my bow a break.  I wouls like to hunt with one in the morning and one in the evening.  This way the bow has a chance to rebound.  Maybe it is a bad idea as stated above I just but hunt so much that I don't want to harm my bow. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:21:27 am »
I shot a buck with my little osage static recurve Oct. 1st, then never carried it again. I carried a sinew backed flatbow the rest of the time with the curve in my truck for back up. I never had the problem George mentioned. I can pick up any of my bows and shoot them the same at any time, for the most part. That either means Im a horrible shot and cant tell the diff, or I build my handles and their widths darn close to the same from bow to bow. All my bows use the same arrows as well, that helps for consistency from bow to bow. When a guy has 12-15 bows staring at him its hard to love just one! Even ugly bows need love ya' know.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 10:23:40 am »
One more thing I consider. I went out this year in a driving rain storm and even though my sinew backed flatbow was done with TBIII and about 14-15 coats of Tru Oil, I left it home because of the extreme humidity and carried an unbacked bow. I like having options.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 10:37:33 am »
I usually hunt and shoot one bow that year. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Alpinbogen

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 10:46:04 am »
I usually have 1 main hunting bow.  Sometimes I stick with it, and other times I'll swap it out with another bow or two for part of the season.  I don't bounce back and forth between them, though.

Offline johnston

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 11:13:45 pm »
Really appreciate the comments guys. Thanks.

Lane

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 01:16:26 am »
I usually have two bows ready to hunt that shoot similarly. About a month before the season I pick the one that shoots best for me and stick with it. Occasionally I will shoot the "other" bow to stay sharp with it just in case.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Traxx

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 12:42:41 am »
Beware,the person,with only 1 bow.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 12:46:12 am »
I had one bow one time. It raised a splinter 2 days before the hunt. I managed to get it fixed, but I will never have one bow again.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah