Author Topic: A New One For Me  (Read 2832 times)

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
A New One For Me
« on: November 05, 2011, 02:21:37 pm »
Opening day of muzzleloading season here.  I went out yesterday to my two spots I am going to hunt, checked everything over really good, put out more salt and apples.  Normal stuff.  Spent the evening getting everything ready.  Looking forward to this morning.  I got up way too early, got ready and loaded the old smoke stick and headed to my spot.  Walked over and took a quick look, and the deer had been munching on the apples.  Good sign.  But it didn't look right.  There was only a few apples and I didn't see the salt block.  No big deal, it could be covered up by leaves.  I would bring more apples later today.  Walked over to my ameristep doghouse and, well, it was gone.  Some lowlife had came in yesterday evening and stole my blind and a bunch of apples, even the salt block.  I have no patience for thieves.  Needless to say, I have been furious all morning.  I normally don't wish bad things to happen to people, but I do sincerely hope his butthole heals over and sprouts back out on his forehead.

Offline soy

• pm106221
Re: A New One For Me
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:23:29 am »
Been there, feel your frustration ...try to shake it off, don't let it ruin your hunt ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 02:33:58 pm »
I do sincerely hope his butthole heals over and sprouts back out on his forehead.

At least that way, we'd all know him when we met him!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 11:20:48 pm »
I hate a thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 01:14:21 am »
I may have gotten a look at the thief today.  I was across the road from when the blind was in a 20 acre pasture.  Its grass on each end with a nice size patch of woods in the middle.  I had my two man stand in the toyota and while I was setting there, somebody in a ford ranger cruised up the road real slow and watching me.  Then turned around and and cruised by again watching.  Well, if he gets the two man stand, hes going to have to work for it.  Once I got it set up where I wanted, I threw a good sized log chain around the tree and ran it through the seat and put the biggest masterlock I could find on it.

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 04:03:42 am »
Them low down SOB's. Give me a holler and we will hunt him down. I lost a stand last year to thievery. Wilkes county is going to the dogs
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 05:03:00 pm »
@ Madcrow -
Put up a tree stand and let em see you do it just don't let em see you hook it to a deep cycle rv battery or a solar fence charger! Better yet - put a bucket of water above it on a trigger so when they go to get it down they are wet when they get zapped!
Ben

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 04:20:09 pm »
I had the same exact thing happen to me last year, minus the bait pile. Im over it now, but boy oh boy I was red faced for a longggg while. I had only sat in that blind 4-5 times prior to losing it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline jonathan creason

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 04:56:01 pm »
I hate someone stole your stuff, I can't stand a thief.  Although, it would totally be worth it if the person actually did sprout a butthole on their forehead.
Cleveland, NC

"The only thing cooler than bands that gets lots of chicks are bands that scare chicks." - Beavis

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 05:35:12 pm »
Man I that feeling.  I had feeder stolen from me a few years ago.  55 gallon drum with a heavy galvanized lid and all.  The thing was full too so the thief had to weasel 350 lbs of corn out of it and haul it away.. I walked to to get in the blind that over looked the feeder and I noticed something odd... Or rather the lack of the feeder being there.  I just felt empty...

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 06:27:54 pm »
Man, that truly sux, sorry to hear it.

I'm sure it is too early to accept, but the knowledge that Karma can be a hum dinger has been a comfort for me.
More so for bad karma.

Hope you are able to set this aside and hunt.

-gus

"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX