Author Topic: 4 wheelie buck  (Read 2547 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
4 wheelie buck
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:08:35 am »
My oldest step son got his first bow deer last night! It was a super fat 4 point. He got a little excited ( ;)) and hit the deer in the mid neck area and drove the arrow down into his lungs as he was quartered to him and pointing down hill............he wanted me to "crank" his bow up more because he thought he needed the power, lesson learned! Anywho it was a short blood trail to his first deer, floating in the river. His dad is the guy in the yellow hat, a guy cant kill his first bow deer without dad being around right? He was happy I invited him and I was happy he could enjoy it with his boy. Im the guy with ugly outdated camo on, Lee and Tiff would be sooo dissapointed in me......no wonder I cant kill a "good" buck.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Will H

Re: 4 wheelie buck
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 10:13:30 am »
Nice deer! Always glad to see young uns get their first :)
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:22 am »
Sweet,congrats,Good looking deer.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline lowell

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 01:12:19 pm »
Very nice...congrats!!! 

Hope you have many more.  My son was about the same age when he got his first and he got his 35 with bow last night.  And had all the excitement as with the first!! 8)
My son says I shoot a stick with a stick!!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 02:42:38 pm »
Cool.  That is a nice first bow kill.  Sounds like he got a little case of the nerves.  It happens to everybody ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 03:53:37 pm »
Congrats to all involved. It is cool that both Dads get to enjoy his first bow kill. I'm a StepDad too so I can appreciate the situation and accomplishment.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline artcher1

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 08:33:10 pm »
Congratulations to that young man Pearly! That smile says it all. Good on you too!

I still remember my son's first deer. He learned a lot that day. He was suppose to only shoot at bucks but in his excitement he mistook a doe for a buck.......I reckon. Doe went down quickly he said, so he rushed to finish the job. Here's the learning part. You don't stick a deer in the gut before they're dead. And they kick real hard when you do. We still have a good laugh 'bout this time every year.

Offline soy

• pm106221
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 11:42:09 pm »
Congratulations!!! Bigger than I have ever shot...love all the proud smiles ;)
Is this bow making a sickness? or the cure...

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 11:55:31 pm »
The fact that you would invite your stepson's father along to share this important moment speaks volumes about what kind of man you are.  It says to me that it wasn't about you, but the young man.  Ya done good, sir. 

He done realllllly good!  Has he rubbed it in that he got his buck but you didn't do so well on your big safari?!?!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline johnston

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 02:30:28 am »
Hey Pearly, Pappy's right...life is good.

Lane

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 10:22:01 am »
He didnt tease me too bad JW, he may change his mind about primitive/tradtional archery one day and need me! He is a smart kid! Without getting too overboard. My parents divorced when I was very young, maybe 6-7. My dad didnt get to be with me on many of my hunting "firsts" and I know it hurts him to this day, and Im 40 now. Why should another guy carry that around right? He only lives 10 minutes from where we hunted so it was quick and easy. Thanks for the kind words all, I will be sure to let him read them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 10:26:50 am »
Nicely done dad, its good to see you hunting together.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah