Author Topic: Wife and I  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Jimbob

Re: Wife and I
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 04:13:40 am »
Well put Cipriano!!  Made me take a second look at some things.
You skin that smoke wagon and we'll see what happens!---Are you gonna do something? Or just stand there and bleed?

"Show me a man who will jump out of an airplane, and I'll show you a man who'll fight for his country."
Lt. General James Gavin

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jimmy.filidei

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 07:00:02 am »
Good luck with that,hope it all works out for yall. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 07:25:54 am »
Best of luck, and hope things work out for you.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 09:56:43 am »
I sure know the emotions you have felt, and probably then some! I feel like I've earned a doctorate in emotions, and have probably just scratched the surface. I was blind-sided in November 2009 when my wife of almost 25 years told me she wanted to "move out for a while and think". She swore there wasn't another man, but that proved to be a lie. We were divorced July 16th, 2010, and I tried to the very end to save our marriage...everything I knew to do! It has by far been the most difficult experience in my life. I reached depths I didn't know existed, and thoughts I won't convey here. To be honest, it is still a struggle every day, but I try not to talk about it much. I try not to communicate with her, except when necessary concerning our two sons. I still dream about her and our life together, like last night for instance. I don't know how to fall out of love with her, other than with time.

I am much better than I was, and have a great girlfriend in my life now. I haven't been able to give her myself fully due to not having given up the past yet. I think what I hate the most about it is our broken family, twenty five years of memories that are painful, and not being able to talk to her about our sons and memories of their growing up. I can never have that again!

You've received so much good advice. You have a wife that is willing to try and work it out, that makes for hope, and I do hope the two of you can make it work! You share so much, it is awful to cut that bond for ever!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:46 pm »
Sorry Nathen, that sucks. but as others have stated you still have her and she is willing to work on it. If you get discouraged just do as Cipriano says and remember why you fell for her. then think of your beautiful little girl and what it would be like only seeing her every other weekend and an agreed upon holiday. prayers to you and your family.
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis

Offline NTD

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 02:01:52 pm »
Thank you all for the support and the prayers and the tidbits of advice, it means a lot and is not surprising coming from the PA family.

Cipriano, Good advice my friend and those are the goals I have set for myself, because I can't control what she does I can only do my part.  As far as priorities, believe me, everything has taken a back burner, why do you think it took so long to get my trade bows done ;) 

Greg, I'm so sorry to hear that, and I can only imagine a bit of the pain you must have gone through.  I know how much it hurt to hear my wife say she wanted out.  I can't imagine it on the scale you experienced.

One thing I know is that my wife is suffering a lot of guilt because of our daughter.  She blames herself for my daughter's birth defect.  Unfortunately my wife has a condition, unknown at conception, that did likely cause Mackenzie to have spina bifida.  I can't begin to know what that would be like, and it seems no matter what anyone says or does she can't be convinced that she's not a horrible person and isn't "at fault".  I see the pain she has, and I can imagine what it must be like to look at your daughter struggling and think every day "I caused that", I can imagine it, but I can't know it.  My wife doesn't seem to think she is worthy of love.  She even said when I asked her to stay that she didn't think anyone would ever try so hard to keep her.  I try in every way I can to show her how much I value her and love her but I apparently haven't done a very good job at it.  Although I wonder if you loath yourself how can you really accept love from another.  I'm really hoping she will consider counselling or therapy of some sort but she has expressed several times that she doesn't want to expose her life to a total stranger. 

Well thanks again for all the feedback and support guys I really do appreciate it.
Nate Danforth

Offline Matt S.

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 06:26:00 pm »
Nate, hoping for the best for you and your wife. It sounds like she desperately needs your love, but has convinced herself that she doesn't deserve it. Thing is, she does deserve it. You know that, we know that, and I pray that she comes to know it as well.

Best wishes.

Offline gstoneberg

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 06:41:29 pm »
I'm sorry to hear of your struggle Nate.   Our prayers are with you.

George
St Paul, TX

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 07:05:45 pm »
Anyone that is married understands your pain!  Prayers that things get easier.  Communication is key and a good book worth reading is "The 5 Languages of Love"  Good luck buddy.
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline Cameroo

• Cam's Stuff
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »
I wish I had some advice for you Nate, but when it comes to relationships I'm pretty clueless.  Sometimes it surprises me that my girlfriend has put up with me for almost 4 years.  It's pretty sad when she tells me the most romantic thing I've done lately is go outside to fart!!   :o

But seriously, I hope that things work out for the best for all of you.