Author Topic: Movie: The Hunger Games  (Read 1886 times)

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Bowhunters of South Carolina
Movie: The Hunger Games
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:51:06 pm »
Has anyone seen the trailer for this.  This movie comes out on March 23, 2012 I believe.  It has some archery in it.
Happy hunting to all!
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive council member
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate member

Reevesville, SC     James V. Bailey II

Offline johnston

Re: Movie: The Hunger Games
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 02:33:03 am »
Yep gonna be killer. The book was really good and even though it was written for"Teens", I still managed to grasp most of it.
 The heroine is an archer before the Games begin and the book references her father as a bowyer. Author did at least
some research because of comments relating to bows being broken while being built.

To me it is cool that a futuristic movie showcases an archer with a primitive bow.

Lane

Offline beetlebailey1977

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 11:11:55 pm »
Yes I think her name in the movie is Katniss.....she shoots a pretty nice looking bow before volunteering for the games then it looks like a Korean bow she shoots.  This is going to be a series of movies like the twilight movies I think.
Happy hunting to all!

Offline beetlebailey1977

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:20:15 pm »

Happy hunting to all!

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:12:15 pm »
My wife made me go watch the new Twilight movie Sunday afternoon with her and the preview to Hunger Games was at the beginning... Looks like it will be an awesome movie. Whenever they showed the part where she was shooting pheasants on the fly and when she shot the bullseye in the preview I noticed that she had good form and the tiller on the bow looked really good.   :)  Can't wait till it comes out looks very good.  There was a preview for the new Snow White movie too it looks very grown up and good as well.  :)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline ErictheViking

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 12:51:58 am »
Previews look cool and my daughter loved the books(can you say dad/daughter movie night.).  check out the very end of this trailer for a pixar movie. slow-mo archery shot with paradox. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEHWDA_6e3M
"He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"  C.S. Lewis