Author Topic: Love is Blind  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Love is Blind
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 08:36:43 am »
To bad,that's a nice buck by any ones standards. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »
Fine looking young man holding some nice looking horns.
Sorry the rest of the deer was not salvageable....

My late Mother took a spike buck with her 1978 Ford Cougar one year.
Took me about eight hours to get that dear cleaned of chrome and bone fragments.
I was twelve, and that was the first deer I had ever cleaned and processed by myself.
But I tell ya, I can still remember how Wonderful the venison stew smelled cooking there on the stove afterwards.

We had just left the house on our way to a family gathering at the lease we were hunting that year.
Not five miles from the house when she "Got Her Deer"...
After I got the car outa the deer and the deer outa the car and made sure the car was still safe to drive, we went on to the lease.

That Lady had a will, and iron in her spine... She was able to step over that traumatic event and find the humor in it.
Even though she was sorry for the deer and pi$$ed about the damage to her car,  she was the only one to get a deer that weekend.
And she found the humor in relaying the story of how she got her buck, to all of the dedicated hunters on the lease.

Far as I know that was her one and only deer.

:)

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline stickbender

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 08:30:28 pm »

Dang, that is a nice one.  There have been a couple of bigger ones taken out of the stick marsh, by some friends of mine, but that ol boy is a right nice one for down here!  Don't bother going to Pappy's, they have pretty much cleaned out the herd already.  They didn't bother to wait on you.  So you just save yourself some gas money, and I will help you eat the water lizard, and hog, and tangerines!  I do love tangerines.  ;)
     Yeah, I hope he was with her but if he was still chasing her, she was probably still in estrus, but hopefully he passed on his genes to other does there.  I am sure he is not the only one running around with a big rack like that, in that area.

Wayne

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 09:29:55 pm »
 No he wasn't, Wayne. I talked to one of the guys working at that Mine and he told me a real, big ten point got slammed in the same spot the week before. Sounds like a good place for a treestand if you could get off a shot before a truck came through.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 10:11:57 pm »
No he wasn't, Wayne. I talked to one of the guys working at that Mine and he told me a real, big ten point got slammed in the same spot the week before. Sounds like a good place for a treestand if you could get off a shot before a truck came through.

Hmmmmm....uh....How loud is your bow?    ::)  Or     .22 sub sonics from your Mauser..... ;)

Wayne